cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Schools OUT & Schoolies is IN

I think we have focused on the reality of schoolies quite abit tonight. So thankyou everyone for your honest contributions.

Lets spin this around alittle now...

6. What are the positives associated with schoolies? If you have been what was the best part of your experience? or if you are going what are you most looking forward too?

6. What are the positives associated with schoolies? If you have been what was the best part of your experience? or if you are going what are you most looking forward too?

I think the positives are spending time with your friends before you all go your separate ways.

I think for me the bonding experience between me and the friends that went away for the schoolies week was once in a lifetime - we all became closer and that has lasted a lifetime... it's a very monumental time in your life... Just starting out as an adult... My week of schoolies (away down the coast in a holiday hosue with 8 mates) was amazing

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

What are the positives associated with schoolies? If you have been what was the best part of your experience? or if you are going what are you most looking forward too?

I think positives would be having fun, getting to have your first "adult holiday" without parentals, celebrating the end of school, and as Rhelna mentioned, getting to spend time with your friends.

Having free time to do whatever I wanted was the no. 1 positive for me after the stresses of year 12 Smiley Happy

It is a time where you make some pretty amazing memories. And it is the beginning of becoming an adult. Even the process of saving and organising a holiday was something an older person often did.

The positive thing I took away from it was the symbolism of it acting as a celebration for all my hard work.

What are the positives associated with schoolies? If you have been what was the best part of your experience? or if you are going what are you most looking forward too?

I think you'd meet a lot of cool people and have a chance to let your hair down without parents or anything.

Yea doing it without yr parents is an important part! But someone here did say they went on their schoolies with their mum - thats cool too)

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

I went on "schoolies" with my parents - we stayed in a hotel though so it wasn't schoolies in the true sense of the word, more like a family celebration. I went on my first holiday with a friend just this year actually - was pretty fun!

@Sophie-RO That's totally cool ;P

Highlighted

its great to hear the positive things about people 'schoolies' experiences. But lets get creative!!!

If you have been on schoolies or could organise your time again what would you do differently? Where would you go?