cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: moving away from home

@FootyFan26 that's totally understandable, being connected to your fam online or through text is very different to actually being there!
Highlighted

@j95 You're right, even though you don't like someone because of a bad habit maybe, talking to them should be the first step. Before you decide to move or anything.
Highlighted

Another question!

What are you looking forward to the most about moving out or what do you like doing if you have already moved out? E.g synchronised dancing with your cat at midnight.

Highlighted

Hey everyone,

sorry i'm late to the party, I have been having issues trying to post.

If i was to give my past self some advice, I would say to get to know my housemates better, once you have an awkward relationship with your housemates it pretty much is awkward until one of you moves on. 

If you banish the dragons, you banish the heroes
- Andrew Solomon
Highlighted

I sometimes have had to fork out other people's rent from my savings because if it's not paid I've got nowhere to live... it's a bit shit having to pay for others especially when you're an apprentice who earns barely enough to pay their own rent and bills.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

I wouldn't be doing anything different, not really. Although it'd probably mean, if I had a roommate, that I'd have to start wearing shirts Smiley Tongue
Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng we need to make a job hunting thread!

And yes, i have had 2 housemates who didn't pay rent. And all sorts of other not very nice housemate behaviours too. But i have also made some of the strongest and most amazing friendships ever with people who started out as total strangers living under the same roof as me. Both of those circumstances taught me a lot about myself and were worth it I think (although i'd prefer no more non-rent payers).

Highlighted

What are you looking forward to the most about moving out or what do you like doing if you have already moved out? E.g synchronised dancing with your cat at midnight.

Freeeeeeeedooooooom!!!!

But for real probably the most difficult thing to have emerged when becoming an adult who lives at home is having to worry about your parents who get more and more grumpy about you coming home late every year

Highlighted

OMG guys. When I move out I'm so going to become the best worst master chef ever (worst cause I'm very clumsy in the kitchen Smiley LOL)! But yeah I can't wait to buy a cook book and experiment with cooking crazy yummy dinners. 

Highlighted

@OceanMaster1207 can't wait to make cakes at 3am for no good reason Smiley LOL