cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Surfing!!

@j95 Have you got any surf goals? Like a trip to NZ to do the whole west coast etc?

Oh a house by the beach.. Sounds perfect!

I went NZ in August last year @Bree-RO it was absolutely amazing but didn't surf at the time. It'd be a good trip to do though.
Apparently Indo is good for surfing too.
Also the WA coast (where there isn't sharks) is good too.

Yeah would be perfect if it was such a huge change @Bree-RO I'd have to change work and everything so I'm not sure, worth going for a look anyway hey
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Yes could do a sneaky fantasy open house look! I have a friend who does that on weekends @j95!

Indonesia? wow that's amazing - there's this exceptional beach in NZ I can recommend.

http://www.aucklandnz.com/discover/muriwai

That's so cool you visited NZ, what did you do over there?

@Bree-RO yeah im going to, and if i really like i might just take a gamble and apply, who knows! that sounds like an awesome hobbie though haha cool!

i went over with a few mates, camped, went to the snow, bungee jumped, i loved queenstown that was super cool, have you been over there?

Oh @j95 exciting! When is the inspection? Heavy commute (prob worth it for more access to waves)?

Oh amazing, I have never been to Queenstown Smiley Happy Did you hire a van? Yep I grew up in Auckland actually.

Yeah that's the only worry - big commute so if I was to live down that way I'd have to change employers for the rest of my apprenticeship, but I'm also only in the beginning stages of my business so that part isn't too much to worry about. No way I'm going coast to Melbourne and back every day, that's an hour and half each way, so three extra hours or more of driving to and from work per day. they have one on Friday and another on Saturday, and if you put in interest for another day they'll do another one that suit you, so I'm not sure which I'll go to I'll see.

Wow that's so cool. Yeah we did, it was the best experience!! Sometimes I just dream of doing that as my livelihood, live in the back of van, deck it out with a mattress, unfortunately you can't live like that unless you're making money @Bree-RO
Highlighted

Mmmm @j95 I hear ya.. Yes it's quite the commute! So good you've chosen a profession that you can take across the country. Gives you options down the line. I still think you're van idea could be a cool end goal.. I have friends that have saved and headed off for a year in their cars/campers; you totally could I reckon Smiley Very Happy

Yeah I have plenty of connections in it which is good so if in the chance I was to move I know a few people who might give me chance @Bree-RO but I think maybe moving down that way might have to wait just for a little bit longer but i'll still check it out.
Yeah some of the people I see down surfing live in their old hiaces and stuff, looks sick.
I could even add a trailer and take my work stuff with me, just do odd jobs while I'm on the road to earn money, super cool I reckon.
There is a few places in Aus I want to go check out like right now haha

@j95 that's like the total dream. Smiley Happy

Yeah one day it might happen who knows @Bree-RO
Have you been overseas before apart from NZ?