cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dealing with health anxiety

@mspaceK I have an appointment with my school psychologist (she's the nice one).

Other than that, probably napping.. and drawing, of course. Smiley Happy

I'm happy for you that you get to see the good one @Tiny_leaf . And those sound like some great positive things. Do you go to high school? 

@mspaceK yes and no..

I'm in year 12, but I usually can't do school.. because of my depression I find it really exhausting.

I get the feeling she might be bending the rules slightly by still letting have regular appointments, but she seems pretty happy to do it. Plus I get to spend lunch in her office talking about her dog. Smiley Happy

I think that is wonderful @Tiny_leaf . I'm out of school now but when I was finishing year 12 and the first 2 years after I did a lot of volunteer work with the teachers I liked to be around. We'd have nice conversations. I'm really sorry about the depression and not being able to go to school regularly. The fact that you're still doing stuff despite your mental health is really good. 

I'd do the same thing, as a teacher, if there was a student who felt safe just having a chat and being at school then i'd do it. 

Do you ever just listen to a song on repeat? At the moment I have been listening to this song on repeat. So emotional. It kind of gives away, Anastasia story line, but the song is great I think. It makes me want to cry and smile at the same time. In a crowd of thousands it's called. 

@mspaceK yes, I do. Usually with songs that everyone says are depressing but I find weirdly uplifting.. I'm apparently very optimistic when it comes to song lyrics Smiley Tongue

@Tiny_leaf I feel like I know what you mean. Sometimes I like listening to depressing songs that kind of really sum up how I am feeling, and that the song understands and then I feel okay. other times I can't stand to listen to a depressing song. 

Highlighted

@mspaceK I know what you mean, I have to be kinda careful with my song choices sometimes, because a song that makes me feel better in a certain mood might make me feel worse in another.

I really want to listen to music now.. Smiley Happy

I am listening to music and playing computer games @Tiny_leaf . I should be going to sleep but I know it is pointless because I slept all day. Not really having much luck with my sleeping patter atm. I know it is okay because I have been unwell and I have work off. I still wish I was functioning normally. It sucks so much. 

The games are good though. Did you start listening to music? 

@mspaceK I know how you feel...

The good thing though is that at least part of the being unwell is temporary, so after a while you'll probably start functioning a bit better.

And yes, I have. Smiley Happy

@mspaceK what games are you playing?