cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Feels like I'll be waiting forever

Guess who got more comments about their weight?

I can't help but feel that I'd be getting less of that crap if I was AMAB.

At least it was kinda well intentioned (You look so much healthier you've gained weight!) but it was still really uncomfortable.

And then she was like "keep it up" and mum said "but not too much."

Thanks mum.

I just feel really uncomfortable about the whole thing.

I wish that my private issues weren't up for public commentary.

Highlighted

That is so upsetting @Tiny_leaf, I am sorry you have to go through that Heart I can totally see how this is uncomfortable for you - a lot of people would find it terribly unsettling. How do you think your Mum would respond if you mentioned how her comments make you feel?
Highlighted

@Taylor-RO everyone keeps talking about how much I eat or how much weight's on me and I hate it.

I can't..

Highlighted

Oh and dad keeps trying to "balance" between me and my brother.

But he's weighing up what I need with what my brother wants.

And it's not fair.

I probably sound really childish.

But this is all really hard for me and I'm just trying to survive it.

Highlighted

I was able to go to my grandfather's funeral.

But only because they took a really big risk and illegally let twelve people in instead of ten.

I very nearly didn't get to go, but my grandmother didn't start the funeral properly until they managed to sneak me and dad in, so I didn't miss anything at least.

But the whole situation was really uncomfortable and between that and the comments on my weight and my brother being a jerk today's just been really shitty.

Highlighted

Tried to have a conversation with dad about how talking about my weight was stressful and I kept getting conflicting opinions when I don't want any.

It backfired. Very triggering. Feel a bit suicidal and like I don't deserve to eat.

Too late already had dinner. Kinda wish I could take it back.

Highlighted

Hey @Tiny_leaf

I just wanted to check in with you and how you were going today? It sounds like you had an incredibly difficult time with your family yesterday, and my heart really goes out to you. It was also incredibly unfair for anyone to make a comment on your body. I'm not sure if this would be helpful, but the Inside Out clinic wrote a really good fact sheet on what is and isn't helpful to talk about when it comes to helping those with disordered thoughts arounds eating. It might be helpful to pass on to your family so they can better understand what they best waya to support you might be Heart

Highlighted

@Andrea-RO my family doesn't know I can't tell them every time I try it ends up being incredibly damaging.

Highlighted

Hey @Tiny_leaf ...I'm really sorry to hear that your dad is commenting on your weight. That would really suck to hear... and sounds so insensitive, especially given all the other things you're suffering with at the moment. Like, the last thing you need is comments about your weight. Sorry again Smiley Sad ... I'm not sure I can say anything to make you feel better, but I can say that your weight shouldn't be commented on Smiley Sad. It also really sucks that your conversation with him went nowhere... Smiley Sad

Can I ask, does he comment on you being over or under weight?

Highlighted

Firstly trigger warning because.. disordered eating talk and weight stigma...

@Maddy-RO short answer is he comments on me potentially one day being overweight.

He basically acknowledged that I'm less underweight than I was and then turns it into "make sure you don't become overweight"

Basically my depression got bad, everyone kept giving me worried looks and being like "you've lost weight"

And then I eventually put heaps of effort into eating enough and then everyone was like " you look so much healthier" ect. apparently my face was looking very thin and now everyone keeps commenting on the fact that it's looking fatter now and that I look less.. malnourished probably.

Which is uncomfortable and I wish they wouldn't but at least it's not criticisms.

But mum and dad are like "you're gaining weight be careful you don't gain too much weight and then you'll get heaps of health issues."

And it's freaking me out hugely and let's just say that my parents don't take a health at every size approach.