cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.....Love ????

This.....this is going to sound strange for a minute but please...just listen...

Theres this prison and the prisoner's are given once chance to do this race the one that makes it over the finish line first gets freedom.

Theres this woman done stupid stuff in her life aged around 22 and she has a baby at home...

Now close your eye's and imagine this scene in your head.

The last obstacle is a wall she manages to throw herself over the wall but one of the jelous prisoners grabbed her leg she tripped fell down and injured her leg another man manages to jump over the wall.

The woman is desperatley crawling towards the finish line but the man has already surpassed her he gets to the line..and he stops..he just stops ..when right their is freedom and instead he turns around picks up the woman and carries her over the finish line instead.

The general that set up the whole race operation pulls him outside and ask's why?

The man looks him in the eye and begins, " I'm a terrible person, I have done unspeakable things horrible.

But that woman over their? she has a daughter....and she needs a mom..more than the world...needs another criminal" ...everything becomes silent the man has a single tear slide down his cheek " let her go home" he says lastly than a moment of silence passes and he turns...and just walks away....

I dont know..why I wrote this...but I guess some part of me needed to......needed to.

......but my question to you is....deep down...no matter what you have done in the past or mistakes made...could you have...walked away from the finish line ..like he had..could you have given up your freedom..for a stranger...i know this may sound...strange but..could you show this kind of compassion and love? for a complete stranger..please..be honest...theirs no shame in any answer...

Love you guys...take your time answering this one...even a whole day if you need to.

...bye 

Re: .....Love ????

I think you have created a very interesting thought experiment. Thank you Smiley Happy I also think it would take a tremendous amount of selflessness to do what the man in your story did, and nobody would blame him if he had have acted in self-interest. I don't know if I would have the courage to do what he did, I believe nobody would know until they themselves were put in the situation. This idea also reminds me of the way Chopper Read passed away, he was a criminal who needed a liver transplant, but refused one because he didn't want to take a liver away from someone who deserved it more. There are some people who can act like this in the world but I think it is a rarity.

@DazedDayDream This is such an interesting concept. How do you think that you might react ?

I have to agree with @FItzChivalry , I don't think anyone would be able to truely know until they put themselves in that situation. I have to admit though, I don't know if I would have the courage to give up my own freedom in such a way, especially if I thought that I was never going to get another oppertunity to gain it again.

Thanks for such a thought-provoking post!

@DazedDayDream  wow what a post!

I've been thinking about this post for a couple of days now, and I honestly do not know how i would react. Right now, i don't think i could give up my freedom like the guy in the prison for a stranger.

But like @fltzchivarly said, i probably won't know until i'm put in a situation like that.

Thanks for sharing this story, definitely got me thinking!

wow @DazedDayDream this really made me think.

As others have mentioned, it would definitely take a tonne of selflessness to be able to do something like that. I like to think that I could do it, but truth be told, I really have no clue how I would react when faced with that situation. I think i'm pretty certain that I would be more likely to do something like this for someone close to me though.