cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to feel more involved

I feel a bit Like i'm laking ture and meaningful friendsips with people. I would like to stray away from the toxic friendships I have found myself in. I don't have a lot of confedence and worrie to much what people think of me. I just want to fell not so invisible 

Re: Need to feel more involved

Hey @Liebe 

Firstly, welcome to the RO forums. Smiley Happy I can relate to what you are talking about. I've been through so many friends so far in my life time and used to worry what people thought of me. I still do at times, but what has helped me out immensely was learning how to talk to myself in a positive manner. You can find out more about positive self-talk on the 'What is self-talk?' fact sheet. I must admit that some of it did come from me lacking in confidence as well. You can find out how to boost your self-confidence by visiting the fact sheet.

Finally, making new friends can be a tough gig, but RO has a few fact sheets to help you out a little bit. These fact sheets cover how to meet new people, how to talk to strangers and tips on making new friends.

Hope this helps you out a bit,

stonepixie 

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hey @Liebe 

Feeling invisible is never a good feeling, but it sounds like you've already made a big step in realising that you want out of the toxic relationships, so kudo's to you :]

@stonepixie has already given you some awesome advice for meeting and making new friends, as well as building up your self confidence. And if you feel like you want to talk to someone one on one you can always give KHL a go

Keep well!

Hey Liebe,

Welcome to Reach Out!!

It can be very liberating to realise that you're not happy with the relationships in your life and deciding to make changes. Healthy friendships can make a massive difference to your quality of life.

Have you thought about what it is that you don't like about your current friendships? And what elements a healthy friendship would have, in your view?

Sometimes working out what is important to you can help you make better choices in people. Or even to improve the friendships you already have. Is that something you have thought about?

@Liebe hey, how are you doing?
Highlighted

Thank you all for your warm welcomes and help. Yes I have read a few helpful things on here. I Do find this site a bit confusing tho Woman Embarassed Guess I just have to get used to it. Thanks again  Smiley Happy 

Hey @Liebe 

Here's a guide to the forum settings that might help it seem a little less confusing.

And please feel free to ask any questions you have. Everyone here is very willing to help. Smiley Happy

Hey @Liebe 

How are you finding the site now? Hope you are having better luck establishing new friendships. Smiley Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ