cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New episode of illness (tw)

Hey @Tiny_leaf .

Yeah, but it didn't work properly. I have colour in my hair, but only vaguely. Smiley Sad

Oh well. Maybe I need more than three sachets...

Hey @Tiny_leaf 

I just wanted to jump into this thread to acknowledge how frustrating it must be for you to be unwell and also dealing with the doubt of others. Are you putting all your symptoms into a spreadsheet for your own records or to show your doctor? 

Hope you're doing okay Heart

@Tiny_leaf  I think that's so true. It's hard to consistently keep up the sick role for months on end. It's exhausting.
Your comment about people telling you to try kale reminds me of how when my great uncle got cancer, other family members told him to try eating red capsicum... Smiley Indifferent
Malingerers are only a very small proportion of people who present for chronic pain, yet a lot of people think many people with chronic pain are faking or exaggerating their symptoms and that they're getting some kind of benefit out of it.

I think keeping a list of your symptoms and the treatments you've tried can be really helpful when you're seeing someone new. I might just steal your idea for my GP because I really need to keep track of the various treatments I've tried for my eyes.

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx that sucks...

Are you going to try again?

@Bre-RO to show the people at headspace.

I have a bit of a "collection" of conditions, so that makes it hard to list all the  issues/ symptoms I have off the top of my head.

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy I know...

I've seen one person in my entire life who pretended to be in physical pain when she wasn't sick or injured.

And she only did that because the staff in her nursing home left her alone in her room for so long and she was genuinely desperate for some sort of company.

And just.. red capsicum? What? Where do people get this stuff from?

And also why do they always choose the worst tasting foods?

For me I mostly need a list of what I need help with and a list of stuff that they need to leave be.

I'm getting a little tired of my psychologist wasting a session trying to fix the thing my OT's already successfully helping me with, people trying to cure my autism (aka the largely genetic condition that does not have or need a cure) when I was there for depression, and people who try to give me counselling on my sexuality and/or gender because.. apparently all queer people struggle with being queer apparently..?

I hope that the idea helps! Both eyes and doctors are weird, I'm not surprised that stuff can be hard to keep track of when you need to combine the two...

Hey @Tiny_leaf.
Yeah... It's a shame.

No, I don't have the time or motivation to do it again. Something happened, but I'm gonna talk about it on my thread.

How are you this evening?

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx damn.. I just read about it, that sucks...

I'll return to it when my brain is working reliably..

Atm my entire body kinda hurts and I have no idea whether I'm hungry or not... I've got no idea what my mood is either... urgh this is like my least favorite part of autism..!

Heya @Tiny_leaf 

Just wanted to jump in to say, I think you've shared a great idea for taking control of your counselling sessions by listing what you want to focus and also what you don't feel the need to get into. It's important to feel comfortable with what's being discussed with a therapist and this is a great way of going about it. Heart 

jerry seinfeld thinker GIF

Thank you @Bre-ROSmiley Happy

Also I have to ask..... why is there a flower monster in the corner of the gif?