cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New episode of illness (tw)

@WheresMySquishy I'm not 100% sure.

Just feeling a bit sad and wanting to talk to someone I guess.

@Tiny_leaf  I'm sorry you're feeling down. Smiley Sad Is there anything that you feel would make you feel better? I'm here for you. Heart

@WheresMySquishy idk..

even just talking about something completely random might help.

@Tiny_leaf  Have you been doing anything interesting or fun lately?

My nursing home residents are sick so I'm just going to be staying at home playing video games until they reopen to volunteers. I got the new Fire Emblem game on the Switch and I really like it so far. Smiley Happy

@WheresMySquishy I got to meet some puppies!

I couldn't kidnap the whole litter though...

But that's where I'll be hopefully getting my service dog from.

What is Fire emblem? 

@Tiny_leaf  Aww, that's so adorable! I got to see some puppies on Tuesday. They were so cute! I think they were cavoodles. I'm allergic to dogs but I couldn't resist trying to pet them.

I really hope you can get your service dog. Someone suggested for my sister to get one too, although I'm not sure how we will be able to take care of it with us being in the hospital a lot.

It's a tactical role-playing game series. I haven't played the recent ones other than the one that just came out but I've played a lot of similar games. One of our friends is playing it at the same time. I think the music, replay value, story and voice-acting of this new one are the best parts. I really hope I get the time to at least finish one of the stories/routes.

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy they were teething and they kept trying to eat my hair and hands. Smiley Happy

How did your allergies go with them? Was it worth it?? 

I hope so too.... they're so expensive and I've got something like a 1% chance of the NDIS funding it..

Though actually I think that MindDog has some cheaper options...

Also that reminds me. 

Related image

In some places they also have service horses.

That game sounds really cool!!

@Tiny_leaf  Awww! My eyes and nose started watering afterwards, but I'm not sure if that was due to the allergies or due to the eye problems I have (they think that there could be some allergy component, but it could most likely be a combination of factors). It was worth it though to interact with cute doggos.

I really hope you get the funding. It would be so cool to have a service horse! Smiley Happy

I've been staying up late trying to find out what happens next and seeing where my choices take the game's story. If you end up looking it up, I should warn you that sometimes the characters mention/describe past abuse, which I wasn't expecting when I started playing. I'm trying to finish the Black Eagles story so I'm not sure if the other stories have this though. Keep tissues handy too. Seriously, this series should be renamed Fire Angstblem...
I've played a lot of other games with choices in them and some of them were really stressful and would make me feel physically ill, so I would have to stop for a few days and continue.

@WheresMySquishy wow it sounds intense... 

Thanks for the warning, I'll keep it in mind if I ever get to look into it!

Stuff like that either triggers me or massively helps me process stuff, so it's an interesting balancing act...

I feel like it's complicated by the fact that my 17 year old brain's occasionally an angst-seeking missile, which explains 90% of the music I listen to Smiley Tongue

@Tiny_leaf  Same. Some things that trigger me don't trigger other people, so I just thought to give you the head's up about it. I thought it was kind of disturbing but it's not seen visually, just the characters describe it. It usually comes up in the conversations they have with each other and the main character. There are plenty of similar games that don't have this kind of thing.
It's good that the game makes you care about the characters, even if you disagree with them.
I know people who love to play games like this because they enjoy crying and feeling cathartic. My go-to thing to look to up if I want to feel sad is this game's ending.
I have seen streamers crying over it as they are playing it. I don't think there is anything particularly triggering about it, it's just a sad goodbye. Smiley Sad

I love listening to angsty music too! Smiley Tongue