cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Psychiatric abuse..... (possible trigger)

I am REALLY struggling with some things that have happened to me in the past and I am not coping with them at all. I won't go into details of course but basically I was hurt many many times by staff members at the hospital this included doctors, nurses and wards men. I have also been hurt by the community mental health team in similar ways. I keep having flashbacks about all of this and nightmares and I keep just breaking down into tears and having panic attacks about it all. I am so stressed all the time because I am scared it will happen again. I have been struggling a lot lately and I am so scared I will end up in the hospital again that I can sleep properly. I can't go back there I can't they will hurt me again and they don't care I have had bruises and injuries and that doesn't even include the mental and verbal abuse I have received I am so so scared right now because that hospital is the only one in my town and I know I am going to end up back there but I can't deal with that I am not ok even without all of this as well but I feel completely trapped because if I don't play their game and do exactly what they want they will take me back to the hospital and hurt me until I start to obey them again I just don't know where to go and they lie and make up stuff about me so that they can get away with hurting me and I am so incredibly scared I just can't take it anymore I don't know what to do I can't fight them they are too strong but I can't take another trip there they have already taken so much of me if another piece goes too I will not make it. What should I do? 

Re: Psychiatric abuse..... (possible trigger)

Hi @Eden1717, thanks for sharing your story here with us. It must have been difficult to have to experience all of that and I can understand that this has been terrifying and overwhelming for you. You have been going through so much lately. You have been so strong and resilient, you are such a fighter. Is this abuse something you have spoken to your psychiatrist about? Or the police? It is important for you to have someone to talk to that you feel safe with. We are always here to listen but we can't provide the appropriate support like face-to-face can. Is there anyone you can speak to in person? Heart

@Taylor-RO I have spoken to my psychologist about this but I haven't told my psychiatrist that much.... the police won't help they dont care about people like me. I don't know what to do this is destroying me. 

Hi @Eden1717,

It's good you spoke to your psychologist about it. Is this something they think they can support you to work through?

When you are in a hospital, you have a whole list of rights and one of those rights is to be able to make a complaint about the hospital and have it addressed fairly and without it impacting your care. You always have this option in your back pocket if you think it will help. Here are some links that can help you if you want to look into it: ACT, NSW, Victoria, WA, QLD, NT, SA, TAS.

I am so sorry to hear what has happened and we want to do what we can to support you through this experience Heart Like @Taylor-RO said above, everyday we admire your resilience, strength and bravery! Smiley Happy

I already made 5 complaints the hospital pretty much told me to F off I don't have any rights.