cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sad and Depressed :(

@Bree-RO I am working on my self care one step at a time. I guess i just have a big decision to make in a short amount of time, and just finding it hard to come to a decision with everything weighing on both sides of the scales. 

@Bree-RO I've been working on my self care one step at a time as i work through it with my counsellor. I guess i just have a decision to make in a short amount of time with a pro and con scale both weighing on both sides. 

It's been extra hard because i've been losing sleep and my mind constantly thinking and my poor appetite. I just feel horrible from head to toe. I never have felt this bad/ physically ill ever.

sorry my internet is playing up and i thought the first one didn't send.

Feeling like the pros and cons list is pretty evenly weighted? @cookies hmmm I hear you this is a tough one.

How do you think your mental health and wellbeing will be in a couple of months? Do you think it will be doable or worse off? Let me know Smiley Happy 

At this pace i think my mental health will decline with someone going off at me for no reason while i'm working, i know it comes with some jobs and it is very common. I wouldn't be able to concentrate and feel horrible every time i'm at work and not at work. I guess i'm just a delicate flower. I will either go down a rabbit hole of depression or block out my feelings till it all explodes in one big hot mess.

My mind at the moment just keeps telling me just quit, just call up tomorrow and quit before you go insane. But at the back of my mind i'm like you need the money.

I feel silly Smiley Sad

What you're feeling definitely isn't silly @cookies. The way you're manager deals with things doesn't seem like it's normal and shouldn't be normal as it can be detrimental to the employees mental health.

Don't be hard on yourself because it is a tricky and tough decision and definitely not anything to feel silly over.

I feel like i'm overreacting, making a fuss over nothing and it's all in my head, that i should just suck it up. But then again the girl i work with wouldn't be quitting if it was all in my head. I don't know.

@cookies I'm going to be totally honest in saying that I haven't had a proper part time (or full time) job in my life so I have no clue how to handle incidences like this but I can say that if something that is negatively affecting your health, be it physical or mental, does matter and should be dealt with.

The fact that this situation is affecting your mental health which then goes on to affect your physical means that this does matter and I don't believe you're overreacting at all. Your social environment definitely can have an effect on your health and, if it's not a good effect then that needs to be fixed.

Question, do you think the girl at work who quit was overreacting and making a fuss out of nothing?

I haven't had a proper job either, the longest i worked a job is 3 months which i enjoyed but there was management change and we all was terminated. i have never been through incidents like these either hence why i am so conflicted on how to handle it.

No i don't think she is making a fuss out of nothing. The others before her quit under the same circumstances too. Some even quit after half a day.