cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW for disccosiation

@Eden1717 do you ever get flashbacks of hallucinations?

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  Sometimes, although mostly my flashbacks are of things that happened to me while in hospital as in things that staff there did to me, it is complicated though sometimes things mix. Are your flashbacks bothering you? Sometimes playing an intense game on a phone or tablet can help me be distracted enough to let one pass.... 

Highlighted

@Eden1717 that sucks..

No, I just wanted to ask. It is hard to feel like there is literally no one who understands. Smiley Sad

I like Tetris for that, it is very good.

Highlighted

Hey @Tiny_leaf I'm so sorry to read that your experiences of trauma haven't been taken seriously. I want you to know that we believe you and I hope as you go through life you find more people who understand that what happens during childhood and especially with family, absolutely has an impact. Similarly, I hope there are people that can help you unpack those experiences and heal from them. How are you going this morning, last night and the weekend sounded extremely tough for you. 

Highlighted

Thank you @Bre-RO 

I'm not going great, I feel trapped.

Also heartburn which isn't fun...

Highlighted

Well I had a fun time leaning over a toilet bowl.

Mum's getting some medicine now.

Highlighted

Hey @Tiny_leaf , 

I'm so sorry to hear you're unwell today, I'm glad your mum can get medicine for you. It sounds like an exhausting and difficult weekend for you. I hope you're feeling a bit better soon, thinking of you. 

Reminds Sea Turtles GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Check out our community activities calendar for April 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO well the pain has gone from "I literally want to die" to "this is incredibly painful I want to throw up" so that's good I guess.

Highlighted

That sounds pretty awful @Tiny_leaf , but I'm glad it's improved a bit at least. Does the home doctor service do visits where you live? We've used them before when my daughter had stomach issues and they were very helpful. 

I was just reading back over your posts here from last night - if you do decide you'd like to talk through what happened with your brother, I agree that 1800respect might be a helpful place to start. 

They offer online counselling as well, and their counsellors are trauma informed and skilled in dealing with all forms of family violence. 

Thinking of you, I hope you're feeling a bit better soon. 

Check out our community activities calendar for April 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO we're calling health direct.

It seems bad that the pain is this severe after feeling unwell for so long.

I think I explained a while ago why I was reluctant to call 1800 respect.

No one cares when it's your brother anyway.