cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

I am sorry to hear @letitgo, that sucks.. as you mentioned, your positive reflection of this is amazing and very true Heart It is all apart of the process

Really sick and tired of people who make any fucking effort 

Hey there @Saltwaterdreamtime

It sounds like things are bit intense for you right now, did you want to make a new thread and talk about it more?

We're here to listen Smiley Happy

-----

I am finishing with ReachOut this week, say good-bye here. I'll miss you all!

Not that big of deal @Jay-RO just annoying people who don’t put it in any
effort and they are usually the first people to say you don’t see them
enough but when you try to they are stupid about it.

That does sound frustrating @Saltwaterdreamtime, it's hard to try and catch up with people when it feels like they aren't putting in much effort to catch up with you. 

Can you find any positives from the situation, to change this negative into a positive?

-----

I am finishing with ReachOut this week, say good-bye here. I'll miss you all!

I agree

i agree to this

Negative: I've had a rough couple of days with negative thoughts.

Positive: They are just thoughts. That doesn't mean they are true.

Negative: This job application is really difficult.

Positive: I've done job applications before, so I know I can do them.

Positive: It's good experience for future job applications, especially considering I'm looking for work.

Negative: My OCD is running rampant and I am struggling to cope.

Positive: I have put some really good strategies in place to deal with acute anxiety, I have continued to get up everyday and go to uni, I haven't skipped any work and there are still moments where I am enjoying my family's company.

Negative: I engaged in sh for the first time a few days ago.

Positive: I haven't done it since, and I have found some really positive strategies and alternatives to make sure that I don't make that experience a habit. While negative, this experience has also facilitated some fantastic discussions between me and my support network around what I need from them, what exactly I am feeling, and what the appropriate next steps in my mental health care plan should be. 

Negative: I have fallen behind on uni because of the depression I have been experiencing over the last few days

Positive: My doctor has written me a special consideration certificate that I can make use of if I need to. Likewise, I planned out the rest of the semester before this crisis, so I know I am not too far behind. I can still finish off my next report in time if I am strategic with my time over the weekend.

Negative: I cancelled plans with my best friend.

Positive: I was doing the right thing by myself, even though that let someone else down. I also explained to her why I needed time to myself, and we are closer as a result. PLUS, we have already organised a new time to catch up, which I am confident I will stick to. 

Hi @queenP
I can really see from this and your other post that you are being very insightful and being proactive in handling situations. I'm proud of you Heart
I understand things are a bit challenging right now but I can see your strength Heart