Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Saltwaterdreamtime
Uber contributor

Jan 26 - I’m really hurt

Today is January 26 or as most people know it as Australia Day. yet again I’m upset but not surprised by what I’ve read on the internet, it shouldn’t upset me anymore but it does. 

Some things people have said to me in person or online today 

“so damn entitled” 

“so they want more money even though they get given heaps and just waste it” - who said this was about money!? 

“you trash the houses the government gives you why should you get more free money” - again, what? 

”what now?” 
“So fragile. Quit crying” 

“.you people have 23 days and you want to take our 1 day off us, and where is going to stop” - I love the use of “YOU PEOPLE”.... 

“I can do what I want fuck you” 

“move on” 

Also I agree with the change the date notion but protesting in a pandemic scares the fuck out of me, as it did with the blm protest, so when I posted this comment I got a birage of hate from white teenage girls telling me to fuck off because I don’t know what I’m talking about, my opinion doesn’t matter, I need to shut the fuck up etc. When I pointed out that I am a part of the community they are protesting for they just said “I don’t care” 

It’s their 5 minutes of Instagram footage that they care about, not the actual cause. This happened last year with the BLM protests as well and to be honest I’m pretty fucking damn sick of it you either care and you want to hear the opinions of people who you are protesting for or you can go fucking jump because I’m sick of people using causes like this as a trend. It’s not a fucking trend. Half the people that posted a stupid black square on their social media are out at BBQs getting pissed today enjoying their day off. 

Fuck you all I’m over it. 

Who rated this post