Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

yeah_it_tahtperson
Contributor

Just Not Feeling It (again)

I had to see it coming, it doesn't mean I'm OK though.

It might only be halfway through Term 2 (here in Vic at least) however it has felt like an eternity. I honestly don't know how I'm still alive, I've been getting overloaded and flooded since Week 2 and it has only gotten worse and worse since.

At that time, there weren't many assessments but most of my after school time was occupied as I performed/rehearsed for concerts. It was catastrophic, in addition to school work I also had quite a lot of work from 2 tutors. It might not be concert week anymore but now I have 4 tutors eating up my time, I know my parents want the best from me but this is certainly not linking with only getting 'C's' in my report. There is so much homework that is all poorly spaced out and I have no idea how to manage this.

Again these tutors are for the better especially when I head to Year 10, however, I'm not sure if I can justify investing that time in working on subjects I'm not concerned about in trade-off of commitments that could potentially be linked with lifelong skills (navigating via public transport, getting a job, volunteering etc).

I guess the best that can be done is to fail to persuade my parents to permit me from withdrawing from at least one of the tutors to save my sanity. However, I am 99.999999% certain I'll just get told I'm lazy and be compared against those who have had been overwhelmed during high school and are now in high school. After all, this isn't a one size fits all situation.

Regarding support, I have sent a referral for a school counsellor but it doesn't seem that they have responded yet. To be fair they have very high demand especially with new administrators and a psychologist on leave, my friends aren't experts and I'm not sure if I can trust my family on this after previous trauma they have (unintentionally) given to me.

In the end, all of that excessive and overwhelming workload will pay off (or it won't).

Who rated this post