cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Philippa-RO
Star contributor

Please don’t apologise @Betty123 – that’s what we’re here for, we care and I’m so glad that you’ve found some of the comments and suggestions on the forum to be helpful.
@Anzelmo has already shared some great thoughts from the perspective of a supportive friend.
We also have some good resources on the ReachOut website about supporting friends with anxiety here and here.
If there’s anything you find helpful in the links, would you feel comfortable to share those ideas with your trusted friends?

When you’re feeling anxious, can I ask what you find most helpful?
Would you feel comfortable to tell your friends what those things are and ask them to help you do them when you’re having an anxiety attack?
For example, I’ve heard some people say they find it helpful when a friend does calming breathing exercises with them, or helps them to stay present in the here and now with an activity such as naming 5 things you can smell, hear, see or touch.
Do you think something like that would be useful?

I think it’s wonderful that you’re reaching out for support to the people who care about you – it takes so much courage to do that.

Who rated this post