cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

It's no problem, I happened to be online and I know a bit about this.

Firstly, I just want to say that if at any point you become unsafe, don't worry about responding to me and leave the situation straight away. If you need to find a way outside/ to a room with a lock, figure that out now so that you can use it if you need.

Your twin trying to hurt you is really concerning, which is why I started off with pysical safety. So that I don't make this post ridiculously long and so that you aren't waiting ages for a reply, I'll just keep this to safety and make another post for other stuff.

This can be a bit confronting, but it's good to have.

Some safety tips:

• learn your twin's body language, and how it changes before she gets violent. That way you have some time to prepare and leave the area, hopefully before anything happens. My brother's shoulder's would tense up, he would frown a lot, and he's stomp/ stalk around. If I saw that I'd leave the room, or at least keep an eye on him.
  • try to notice any patterns. My brother would hurt me when he was frustrated after school, so I always avoided him just after he got home
  • find escape routes. Try to make sure that your twin can't corner you. Leave any doors you need to escape through unlocked and preferably open so that you can leave quickly
  • find a safe space you can get to if thing get bad. A room that you can lock can work, but I usually prefered to go outside and hide somewhere, especially at night.
  • If things get really bad, it might be good to find somewhere that you can stay for a few hours, like a library, or even a shopping centre, park, or petrol station.
Who rated this post