cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

happyandhealthy
Frequent scribe

Thank you for being brave and logging onto ReachOut to talk about your current struggles. I'm sorry to hear that you are finding things tough, but you should be so proud of yourself for reaching out! Please know that there are so many people both online and in your community who are here to support and help you.

@Courtney-RO has given you some lovely advice 😊 I definitely think that talking to someone you trust is a great first step to feeling better, especially since you have mentioned self-harm and depressive thoughts.

Poor body image is something that many people struggle with, so I want you to know that you are not alone in feeling the way you do. 

When things feel dark try and remember that your body does so much for you every single day! It is your number one fan and is always trying to make sure that you are alive and healthy. I know how hard it can be to switch off negative thoughts about ourselves especially when we compare ourselves to other people or what we see online... 

If you have social media and find certain people you follow triggering I highly recommend unfollowing them and replacing them with some body positive accounts!

It may also help for you to start partaking in activities that foster self love 🥰

Have you ever tried yoga or meditation with a focus on ‘self-love’ and ‘body positivity’?
I know that they have both helped me feel more confident in my own skin and have helped me to appreciate all that my body does for me.

I have linked a great guided meditation practice that focuses on self-love for you to have a look at if you feel like it. Of course you don’t have to but if you do have a go at it please let me know if you liked it.

If you need any specific support from us here on ReachOut please let us know and remember that there are so many people here for you if you need 💙

Love Yourself GIF by Chippy the Dog

Who rated this post