cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

So right out of high -school I thought I would study media. I started off doing that and found myself really struggling with my mental health (I was also working in retail and have done for around 9 years). I had several suicide attempts and ended up spending a lot of time in hospital. Eventually after a lot of ups and downs I decided I wanted to be a paramedic after witnessing something awful and thought I would start small. Sometimes it’s little steps we need to take. I knew I hadn’t studied in a few years, and my mental health was fragile. So I enrolled in a TAFE course to study nursing as this would serve as a good ease back into studying, and then I could branch off into paramedicine. Well the course was way more challenging than I expected and there were many times I thought I couldn’t do it. But I’m about to graduate in two weeks and now I am so proud that I didn’t give up. Your career path won’t always be straightforward, heck I have more study to come after this and it's not even in the same category as what I thought I would be doing after high school, but that’s ok. Especially given that you’re trying to study in a pandemic! Give yourself some credit for how hard this all is!

Who rated this post