Before I sign off for the evening here are some resources for those of you who are doing it tough at the moment. You're not alone and we are here to listen 👭
If you are experiencing financial stress crisis support available:
- Find emergency relief services that can help with food, bills and financial advocacy here.
- Contact a social worker on the Centrelink Employment Services Line — Call 132 850 or visit a Services Australia customer service centre.
- The unemployed workers union provides information on your welfare rights here.
- The national debt helpline can assist you to negotiate payment plans with service providers and link you in with more support here.
- HeadsUp and Beyond Blue have put together this resource called "taking care of yourself after losing work."
If talking about work stress has made you feel distressed we encourage you to tell someone you trust or talk to a counsellor:
Lifeline: 13 11 13
Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800