cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

lemurien
Star contributor

Hey @DruidChild I'm hearing that you feel really scared but from reading your post what honestly stands out to me is how brave you are!! I'm non binary and I feel it can be so intimidating taking steps to explore and express your gender; the things you have already done like trying new pronouns and wearing clothes different from the gender you were assigned at birth takes so much courage!! I love how you have found ways to express your gender that make you feel happy and like your authentic self! In regards to being worried about having to change things back, that's so understandable. I guess we just have to remember that our identity can be fluid and it doesn't say anything bad about us if we try something out and decide it's not who we are after all. Plus, in uni you tend to have different classmates and professors every semester, so it might be easier than you expect to reinvent yourself a few times if you want to 🙂

It sounds like you have a really special relationship with your ex. I wonder if you could try to slowly bring this topic up to them, to test the waters a bit? I know this is so cliche but I am sure that someone who really cares about you would be supportive no matter what.

Wishing you all the best!!

Also it was so amazing to hear your story too @Claire-RO , I love how your dad has become your biggest fan! how beautiful ❤️

Who rated this post