Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Clementine75
Super frequent scribe

Overhearing Parents

Last month I think that I overheard my parents sleeping together or something of that nature. (It’s only the second time I’ve ever heard this.) There were a few songs I had queued to listen to (some of them love songs) and I now (annoyingly) can’t listen to them because they are associated with that memory. Furthermore, I’m finding myself still worried about it a month later. I understand that it’s something perfectly natural for my parents to be doing, but it was still incredibly uncomfortable to hear. I think it was made worse by that I am still figuring out my sexuality, and am considering if I might be on the asexual spectrum (possibly sex repulsed). I find myself taking these precautions to make sure they know I’m awake, which I can’t stop doing now (letting them know I’m going to read in bed, not go to sleep, leaving my light on or coughing in the middle of the night). I often worry about it before I go to sleep, analysing the sounds I hear, sometimes getting up to make absolutely sure my parents are snoring. Some nights it spirals out into worry about other topics as well, and the worry only grows as it gets later and I can’t shut my brain off. I’m sometimes awake until 2 or 4. 

Who rated this post