cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

fishyie
Contributor

Heya @justkeepswimming , thank you for reaching out and sharing with us, I hope it has been helpful being able to express how you're feeling without judgement. It's really awesome to hear that you've been noticing the positive effects of your medication, like making some new friends and also asking for directions. That must be such a great feeling! 

Missing the sadness that accompanies depression is something I've been through too. It really sucks, when you miss something that you know didn't feel good at the time but for some reason you want to feel it again. And I totally understand that feeling of thinking things can't be going this well for you. It can feel like you're just waiting for the other shoe to drop and things to get terrible again. I know I got so used to being depressed that feeling better was so strange, and even now I'm still working on getting out of that mindset. But slowly and surely it is happening!

It's really awesome that you reached out and saw a psychiatrist and now a psychologist to get that extra support you need to leave that mindset. If you're comfortable, I'm sure your psychologist would be happy to talk through your feelings of missing that sadness. 

You're doing amazing at working on your recovery. Please remember that it's not a linear process and that it's ok if you do feel like you've gone backwards, you're not alone. Thank you again for sharing, and I hope you're staying cozy!

Who rated this post