Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Fern_Mink
Casual scribe

Vibing Long Distance

What up everyone ✌️

Uh so I am in a situation that I'm struggling to find an answer to. So I have 6 months off travelling around the country (and skipping school haha) which is cool, it's also brought me closer with lots of my friends and realised I take them too much for granted. I also started talking to a girl before I left. We met last year and she added me on Snapchat and we got to talking and even hung out in town a few times (she had some friends with her and I was kinda awkward). Later she asked if I liked her and I said no even though I did, and things kinda died. Anyway we've been talking for nearly about 3 months now as we're halfway through the trip, and I'm faced with a few options. I feel like this is a second chance with her (we talk, joke around and flirt almost every day and have the 💛 on Snapchat which I'm told is good), and if I were back home I'd probably ask her out, except I'm across the country and I think that would be unfair of me. A friend suggested that I ask her if she likes me and see where she stands, but I'm hesitant to do that as, whilst (in an unegotistical way and assuming she likes me) I'm a catch, there could be some other dude out there and I wouldn't want her to feel obliged not to go for him. She's a lovely person and I'd hate to hold her back or hurt her in any way. I tend to overthink matters of the heart, so I'm wondering, am I reading too much into things? Should I simply keep doing what we've been doing and continue to talk and joke around, or should I see where she stands with it all so I know whether I should be putting the effort in?

Thanks guys 🙂

Who rated this post