cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Bre-RO
Uber contributor

I've needed some fresh tv/film recommendations @Iona_RO thanks for sharing!! 

I've included the hyperlink for where you can watch my personal faves 🔗

Bush Mechanics is a comedy/docudrama following a group of Warlpiri men travelling through Central Australia fixing their cars, solving problems and having adventures along the way). 

Total Control is a drama series featuring Deborah Mailman about an Aboriginal woman from regional Queensland and her journey as a politician, based on the life of her cousin Keelan Mailman, one of the first female indigenous cattle ranchers in QLD). This is a great article about the show.

Blak As is one of my faves of all time - it's such a wholesome, educational and fun show. It's like a modern version of Bush Mechanics, but I can't sum it up better than the synopsis, so here it is 

"With their hunting tracks blocked by fallen trees after cyclone Lam, the Black As boys borrow an uncle's dinghy to bring home a bounty of fish, croc and turtle.

But the Arnhem Land hunters are challenged at every turn by tides, engine breakdowns, thirst and ever-present crocs – all the while worried about getting the dinghy and trailer back to it's owner.

With their bush skills, muscle and ingenuity put to the test, they finally make it back home to a less than warm reception. Its bush maniac action at its best over 25 x five-minute episodes for the web." 

Who rated this post