Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Greenfern
Builder

Hi axel, 

Welcome to the ReachOut online community!

Personally, I can somewhat relate to you, because I also have doubts about my own gender, and I also have family members who discourage non cis gender alternatives (which can mean they are saying Im wrong). I think you don't have to feel pressured to have a firm answer to such questions at a given moment, but I can understand how you want to really understand and define yourself. Nonetheless, I think something like gender identity and sexuality changes throughout a person's life. I've definitely heard of others' experiences where specific situations later in their lives triggered a new understanding of their gender. Thus, you may have your own brain telling you you're wrong, because you're still figuring things out. I think that's normal. 🙂

As for the people who have figured out who they are, they may be sure in the moment but it's hard to say whether their understanding may also change later in life 🙂

And for the use of pronouns, I can relate to the urge to default to our biological gender of she/her when asked, because of our own uncertainty about our gender. For me, it's feeling uncertain about whether to use they/them or she/her.

I hope this helps!

Who rated this post