Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

xXLexi_Lou122Xx
Uber contributor

AuDHD Ways to Improve Productivity!!!!

Hi there!
I had an idea to start this thread, where anyone can list any strategies or methods to help improve productivity, focus, and keep things organised. 

As a Neurodivergent person with very strong traits of AuDHD (Autism and ADHD), I find it difficult to stay focused or organised for doing tasks such as homework, housework/chores, and keeping my room clean. 

So, here's a few tips and tricks that I've tried, and may not have worked, but some may work for others 🙂 
Also feel free to add your own, we can make a massive thread of tips and tricks!!!! 😄

Homework/Studying/Creating/etc.

- Make a place for a desk, where you will do homework, crafting, or whatever it is you need to sit down and write with. 
- get a desk

- Organise it so that only the things you might need for this space is there. Things such as Fidgets, Stationary, Notebooks, Sticky Notes, iPad/Laptop, Charging Port, Phone holder, anything you might need. Even a scented candle!
- Organise those items into different sections of the space. For example, Notebooks and Stationary can sit on one side of the desk, or if you have shelves underneath, put them there. Devices can go on top in the middle, Sticky notes can sit in another corner, and the scented candle can be on top of those. These are just some basic ideas.

ALSO

Get a comfy chair!!!! This is super important. My current chair really isn't great for studying, but I'll make do until I can find one that suits my needs.

Organisation:
- Getting a whiteboard that you can stick up on your wall, so you can put To-Do lists, homework, even day/night time routines! This means you can check/cross things off, and get the dopamine from crossing things off lists. It works to an extent, but not for everyone.

Chores:

- Turn it into a game! Sort things by putting a time on it, or see if you can mentally play against yourself, to see which of you can get the most done. Things like this can help a lot!

- If cleaning your room or the majority of the house, get someone to call you every 30 or so minutes, to say "I'm coming over in 30 minutes". This will help with time-pressuring to avoid humiliation of a messy house, although let's face it, everyone knows that this is a chore realistically!

- List each chore individually, and cross it off after you've finished it! This is super satisfying, like in organisation, above. 🙂

There's a Gazillion more out there, but these are just a few to start off the thread. Please, add more! I'd love to try some new things, and hopefully something might make me keep my room tidy... 😂

Who rated this post