cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Iona_RO
Star contributor

I absolutely love the queer role models you've picked @Bre-RO 😍 Elliot Page has been one of my favourite actors for years. I really loved how his character in Umbrella Academy came out to his family, it was really heart-warming to see both his character and him in real life were finally able to be their true selves 💓

Here are a few of my LGBTQIA+ role models 🏳️‍🌈

TW : Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander readers are advised/warned that the following contains images and voices of people who have died.

Uncle Jack Charles

Screenshot_20230208_021851.png

A Boon Wurrung, Dja Dja Wurrung, Woiwurrung and Yorta Yorta man, Aboriginal Elder, activist, actor, artist, musician and proud gay man. He overcame extremely tough times, and achieved incredible things in his life. Including, co-founding the first Aboriginal-led theatre group in 1971, starring in several films, advocating for young Aboriginal people in detention centres, and winning the NAIDOC Male Elder of the Year Award in 2022. You can listen to a guided meditation he recorded for WellMob here.

Alok Vaid-Menon

Screenshot_20230208_022347.png

Alok is a gender non-conforming writer, performing artist, and LGBTQIA+ rights advocate. They have such a fantastic ability to talk about and educate on being gender diverse and outside of the gender binary. You can watch one of their videos here. I went to their show last year and so much of what they talked about resonated with me, and filled my non-binary self with love 😊

The Old Gays

Screenshot_20230208_033534.png

These guys give me so much joy when they pop up on my fyp! 🌈 Sometimes we need to have a bit of a laugh, exeperience the love of our community, and remember how much fun being queer can be! 

Can't wait to see everyone else's picks!

Who rated this post