Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Greenfern
Builder

Hi lonelypixie, 

Sorry to hear you are going through this distressing situation. It sounds like your friends may not be the best at, or the most proactive, when it comes to showing concern for a friend whom they know is feeling down. However, I do want to prompt you to think about how one of your closer friends asked why you have ghosted her, and how another close friend asked how you were doing a few times. I think both of these friends have been concerned about you at some point, and I want to encourage you to be more upfront with them about how their specific actions affect you and how they can help you feel better (besides just saying you haven't been feeling the best and feel alone). I'm saying this because, personally I've misunderstood people at times (eespecially when I'm feeling quite low), and at times people have legitimate reasons for acting in a way that seems unconcerned. Sometimes they may not know exactly what you want, and sometimes they may not know how to best deal with certain situations or have issues they're dealing with themselves.

Nonetheless, I sympathize with how you feel, especially because I've had similar experiences where I've appeared sad in front of friends and felt unheard and a lack of concern. But I truly think directly talking to them about it (before moving on potentially) is worth a try. 🙂

Who rated this post