cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Zackerath-of-Ritia
Rookie scribe

Hey, I hope I don't overstep, I'm new to this site, but if I might share my thoughts:

I find, ironically, the difference between better living and surviving is directly linked with an individuals perception and not the circumstances surrounding them.

In otherwords, I find, things may absolutely not get better. However, our ability to change our perception alters our ability to cope with these circumstances. And in a way, things do get better. Not because our circumstances have changed for the better, not even because our new perspective has allowed us to change our circumstances for the better, but because we have learnt to cope in these circumstances better.

Personally, in my experience, I have been desperete to feel safe, and equal. This is an unusual and potentially unjust feeling for someone of my gender and ethnicity, nevertheless the feeling persists. I find my treatment by others to be different due to my mental disabilities such as Autism and Anxiety, and the such. And I find that this occurs most greatly within my own family, who have raised me.

This hurt, and this persisting circumstance of assumptions, and avoidance has led for a desire to control. To make my circumstances and my life better.

In my experience, this perspective and desire only broke already fragile relationships further, and now I fear them to be irrepearable. And I too found that things will not get better. 

Even so, I believe that allowing myself to accept these circumstances as perminant, will hinder my progression in work, social, and spiritual life and although my home enviorenment will likely never get better, I know that I can very well live through it, and past it, and into something that is better.

I hope that I might have given some helpful insight, Blueberries. Good luck.
🙂

Who rated this post