cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Banana_Lemur
Builder

Hi @rainfrog! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings about school, like @Pho-RO said it is absolutely not trivial since it matters to you. And it can so helpful to others who might be feeling the same. It sounds like you are doing amazing already by being in an accelerated program, which shows your strengths as a student!

But, I can definitely understand how this would just add to the pressure of doing well. I can see that Rho has suggested seeking a tutor, which is such a good idea! I was wondering do you have any friends you can reach out to in the same program to study together? 

Also, you are very much not alone! And you're very much not a failure or a disappoinment. I went through a similar situation when I was 14, when I started to fail all of my classes and it felt very isolating. The one thing that really helped me was asking my teachers for help with specific questions on concepts I wasn't understanding. I would stay a little bit after class or head in a couple of minutes early before the class started to do this. Is this something that would be possible at your school? 

Remember that you are very much capable and this is one step in the school journey, which many of us face. But a couple of years on and the failing of even my own math classes feel very distant. Remember that you've got this! And you're already doing amazing by reaching out in the forums. A lot of the times it's about finding the support that is best for you! 😊

Who rated this post