cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Hi @Stormy-RO 

update I did the assessment and I managed to find a room nearby to do some breathing before it and I somehow managed to compose myself enough to do it somehow. So yay I guess (maybe it was from venting here 🙂

Yeah I’m glad I managed to utilise those strategies (took a lot of trial and error in the past to discover they work for me lol) The book I read was Living with Viola by Rosena Fung and I pretty much took pictures of the how-to-deal-with-panic-attack tips the protagonist learns near the end (good book, highly recommend). Had the usual stuff like breathe deeply/distract yourself/describe surroundings tips but they were nice reminders.

I have biweekly check ins with my GP about my medication and tell them how I felt over the last few weeks. If I’m coping well, the medication dosage stays same. If not, they usually increase it by 50 grams. I’ve had it increased a few times but the current dose I’m at has been the longest I’ve stuck with so that’s good (but not holding my breath). I did get in contact with a psychiatrist and will have an appointment in September so maybe I can ask them for advice.

I think my teachers are FAR TOO AWARE of how much of a mess I’ve been lately. My mentor is really supportive and have been there for god knows how many meltdowns. Most of my teachers are really understanding of my current situation. I often talk to the psychologists at my school if I’m struggling (probably should book appointment soon cos it’s been a while).

I’ll be sure to check out those resources, they seem really helpful.

Thanks for the kind words,

From Acid

Who rated this post