Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Shiv-RO
Super frequent scribe

Hi AcidMonster55,

I know you said you didn’t want a reply but I really want to start by letting you know the ReachOut Community is all here cheering you on and wishing you success in your studies.

It certainly sounds like things are very stressful right now. Year 12 can be incredibly overwhelming when assignments are due and it probably feels like this will never end. It is clear to me you are doing all the right things to look after yourself and it must be so frustrating when it feels like this is not paying off. I want to encourage you not to give up and to keep going in the right direction towards better mental health.

I understand you are under immense pressure to get your assignment completed before the due date but I am wondering if you would benefit from taking a brief moment to reset. Perhaps stepping outside for some fresh air, putting your bare feet on the earth, or maybe blasting your favourite song and screaming along at the top of your lungs. Anything you can think of that will expel that nervous energy from your system and allow you to return to the task at hand with refreshed focus.

I also wanted to let you know about another service ReachOut has for young people aged 18 - 25, PeerChat. You can book a chat to text online with a peer worker, this can be a great opportunity to vent about what is going on with someone who understands life’s challenges first hand. I will also be sending you through and email to check in so keep your eyes peeled :blush:

Who rated this post