cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Hi @The_Elliot , It is very understandable that you feel this way. University is a huge time and energy commitment that can, at times, feel extremely overwhelming. Your decision to return to university shows your commitment and resilience, so I hope you are fully acknowledging the merit of your efforts and persistence as you have nearly finished semester 1! 

I don't have any ground-breaking advice but I have found implementing the following tips has helped me when I feel fatigued or burnout. 

1) Breaking down tasks into manageable chunks - this has helped me immensely when I have had multiple assignments due around the same time. 

2) Working in small study groups - I find working with others helps boost my own productivity; however, you do need to be selective with the number and type of people you study with.

3) Establish routines - this has made completing tasks feel less effortful. 

4) Seek support - you are never alone in your struggles, and there are always people (including the ReachOut community) who want to support you! 

5) Self-compassion -  amidst all the chaos, it is vital that you take care of yourself and find pockets of time to reconnect with the people or activities you enjoy most! 

Hope this helps!

P.S. you've got this!

Who rated this post