cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

The Most Magnificent Invention: SELF-CARE

Dearest Community Members, for a very long time I have been a committed member of many extracurricular activities (when I was a high school student) which caused me to lose time to take care of myself and enjoy the things that make me happy. 

As a university student, I am starting to realise the importance of self-care and learning how to take time out of my day to de-stress.

Self-care can mean different things to different people, and that's the beauty of it. THERE ARE NO RULES! As part of your self-care, you can read a book, go for a walk, or even watch your favourite movies. Another thing I have discovered as a uni student is that self-care doesn't necessarily take away the stress, but helps you manage it and view it from a different perspective, it may also distract you from your routine activities and allow you to indulge in relaxation. 

As a student, for many of us, our lives are so busy that sometimes we may forget to do the things that bring us the most happiness. And that is completely normal, but I want everyone to know that you deserve happiness and you deserve to do the things you enjoy.

So please, whenever you can, plan to do things that bring you joy and help maintain your mental health!

Please feel free to comment down below on what you like to do for self-care, I would love to know.

Who rated this post