Super frequent scribe

Study tips and tricks

@May_
@Bree-RO

Hey everyone what are your study tips and tricks?
Mod

Re: Study tips and tricks

@scared01 if I am really struggling to concentrate I like to set a timer on my phone (even if for only 5 minutes) and tell myself I am going to 100% focus on my work for that time. This often helps me to get back "into" the work I am doing Smiley Happy

There is also an app called 'StayFocused' for Google Chrome that seems to work well for some people too! It blocks all websites (apart from any you need for study!) for an amount of time designated by you.
Super frequent scribe

Thats good @May_

I say take a break every half hour to an hour even just a walk to the letterbox to stretch out tour muscles and get some fresh air
Mod Squad

[ Edited ]

@scared01 nice, a break every halfa is good. Kind of like check points Smiley Happy

I have been mixing up my environment lately. I have been heading to my local cafe, order a couple of coffees and chip away for maybe two hours on my notes. I have found I am engaging so much more studying away from my house - anyone else ever find this as well? 

Coffee-Shop.gif

Super frequent scribe

Hmm i havent tried different locations yet @Bree-RO but ill het to test that when i head down the coast for a few days and ill have to bring my study stuff with me
Casual scribe

Before studying I always use xhalr to slow things down. It's just a funky little gauge to help ya breathe deeply.

Xhalr

Hope that helps!

Super frequent scribe

Cool thanks @MintyMary ill have a look at that
Mod

@Bree-RO I've never actually tried studying in a cafe but it sounds like a nice thing to do Smiley Happy although I'm one of those people who can only study if it is 100% silent so I'm not sure it would work for me too well Smiley Tongue Its interesting how different people like differing levels of noise/stimuli when they are studying!
Mod

@MintyMary I was about to ask what Xhalr is but then I saw your link! I like it - especially how you can alter the length of the breaths to suit you Smiley Happy
Super frequent scribe

i got my study done in 2 hours today Smiley Happy and i took a break after the hour which works out well @May_

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count