cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Australians On Drugs ABC2

Yea like they are saying that everyone in the club is on ecstasy - it depends who is around you... If everyone around you is on it, it can seem normal and "Australian"

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Did anyone catch who this authoritarian in the suit is???

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@tsnyder I don't take drugs and don't generally hang around people taking them, but obviously you can't escape. P.S. I want to punch Jamaal for saying that all Gen Y want to take it.

I don't mind people doing pot around me. As long as it isn't all the time.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Good point about Alcohol is also a drug - just socially accepted!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Sometimes when we see everyone else on drugs in a club, we forget that we are only seeing a small sample of Australian youth. Personally I don't like the idea of drugs being part of Australian culture.  How do others feel?

Oh that researcher said it's normal in nature - not just humans - to seek out a change in your concious state!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Caffeine is too a drug.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Yep, it looks like the young people who do take drugs on a night out are doing so for a good time. The rush, the rebellion, and wanting to feel and look like a bad b*tch.

It looks like some are aware that they have a life ahead of them, and are wary of their usage - but wouldn't call themselves a 'drug user'. The cost of choosing either drugs or alcohol comes as a key factor for a good night out. But people are more happily ready to admit as a drinker. 

Do you think that there are different stigmas between drinking or taking drugs on a night out? 

I've done a few HSM! AKA Hello Sunday Morning.

@stonepixie yeah I hear you, is it like you want to have your friends sober sometimes?

I've definitely grown up around a lot of social drug use and I know that it frustrated me at times