cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warmer weather = feeling better?

Hey guys,

I was outside enjoying the Spring sunshine this afternoon in Sydney (yep, it is officially Spring as of yesterday), and I could just feel my mood lift. I really do think the weather has a big impact on whether I feel down and depressed - I tend to feel so much more relaxed and at-ease in Spring and Summer. I love the feeling of being snuggled up under a big doona in Winter, but besides that - I'd take Summer any time. 

Does anyone else feel the same? Or are you one of those crazy people that likes cold and snow and white Christmasses  and all that silly business?!  

Re: Warmer weather = feeling better?

Haha Benny you make me laugh! 

I love the snow I must say! But I think I only like it because I like to make snowmen and throw snowballs but I have never lived in it for a long time I don't think i would like it then! Nor would I like to drive in it!

Winter tends to get me down aswell I feel more depressed I am excited to getting a bit warmer weather now so I can finally go and relax at the beach and go and watch dolphins Smiley Happy

I am in Adelaide and it was a lovely day today! Though tonight is back to freezing! 

I do like the weather in Autumn and Spring, though I do NOT like the hay fever that Spring brings me. I can't say I'm a big fan of hot summers though- 40 degree days are yuck. And in Perth it gets really hot in summer.
Highlighted
Jaz

Its good to here that the sun is helping you, I hope it is always summer for you =D

I must say I love the snow and the cold. At this moment in Perth it is pissing down with rain, with heavy wind, even tho I am worried about the people on the road, the sound of the rain is soothing. It is like relaxtion. But the summer does also have its advantage. =D

Hey Benny

How nice was it yesterday? I was outside lying on the grass listening to mum rustle papers as she marked(she's a teacher)= bliss! Smiley Happy

HELLO BennyW

All i have to say is yea im one of those crazy people that likes snow and the cold and a white christmas and all that silly bussiness in fact in December im travelling over to Canada just to enjoy it

and i think i like it coz u can easilly warm up by putting heaps of layers of clothes on and in the heat u can only take off a minimun amount of clothing

mayb i just like the cold coz my dads a canadian and my  mums an australian so mayb its coz im half a canadian and half aussie  who nos all i no is that i LURVE THE COLD

Don't listen to them Shadow! We know the warm weather is better... they can all go and... make snowmen and throw snowballs at each other while we lay on the beach. 

Howdy. Smiley Happy yes this warmer weather is making me feel better and more uplifted ready to kick to winter weight in time for beach fun.

@cosmyk1 wrote:

HELLO BennyW

All i have to say is yea im one of those crazy people that likes snow and the cold and a white christmas and all that silly bussiness in fact in December im travelling over to Canada just to enjoy it

and i think i like it coz u can easilly warm up by putting heaps of layers of clothes on and in the heat u can only take off a minimun amount of clothing

mayb i just like the cold coz my dads a canadian and my  mums an australian so mayb its coz im half a canadian and half aussie  who nos all i no is that i LURVE THE COLD

Don't worry; I'm with you. I prefer the cold to the warmth.

Look at it this way… you can always add more clothes if it's cold; when it's too hot, there are only so many clothes you're allowed to take off before you get arrested for indecent exposure. Smiley Wink

I prefer Winter! I'm not a big fan (possible pun?) of the heat, I get all sweaty and such...not fun. In Winter I can stay warm under layers of blankets/jackets, which I like.