cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it wrong to ??

Hey guys 

i was just wondering , my friend hadn't treated me that well for the first couple of months of this year we sorted it all out and are back to normal , i said that to make up we should go to our favourite food place and she buys , she said she would do it , 

was it wrong to ask that 

Re: is it wrong to ??

Hi @annonymous1234567! Welcome to the ReachOut forums!

I'm sorry your friend wasn't treating you well in the past. Friendships can be really tricky. Smiley Sad I'm glad you two made up though! Smiley Happy

I can't tell you whether it was right or wrong to ask that. I think it depends more on the context of the situation. For example, I wouldn't ask someone who I know has financial difficulties or is going through a difficult time to pay when we eat out. That's just me though, and I can't tell you what to do.

Does she seem to be talking to you normally? Are you both excited about going out to eat?

Hey , what i exactly said was , since you treated me like crap for a month you gotta buy me bubble tea i think thats fair enough , and she haha okay .

Hey @annonymous1234567 , 

From what you've said it kind of sounds like a playful thing, and if she responded with a "haha" sounds like that's how they took it? It's hard to say without context but sometimes it can be difficult to read tone and that sort of stuff through messages.  I don't think it's wrong to make a playful joke, we're all human and sometimes humour can be great for getting a friendship back on track. How are you going with it now? 

HI @annonymous1234567 

Sorry that you were being treated badly by your friend.

I think it depends on the friendship as to whether it is okay for one friend to pay for the other. I know in my friendship group we do this all the time and take it in turns to pay. If you are feeling uneasy about your friend paying then maybe you could suggest you paying next time you go out?