Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Help for food and eating issues

It is a weird word...

And also another thing I'll need to check out! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Does anyone else here struggle to work out if they've eaten too much or not eaten enough/ get mixed up between the two?

Hey @Sammyye 

I just wanted to stop by on this thread because I can see there's been some conversation about eating disorders here. Firstly, I want to say thank you so much for caring about people with eating disorders. It's obvious that you wanted to help by sharing what you did Heart Even though your intentions were good, I did need to remove the post and the comments that followed it as the conversation was stepping outside of the community guidelines. 

Eating disorders are one of the topics that we have to be mindful of when discussing with the community. In our guidelines we say that it's best to steer clear from descriptions of eating disorders and methods. The reason for this is because eating disorders are varying and complex. Because of this recovery from an eating disorder is not a one size fits all approach. We want to be careful that we aren't oversimplifying what is a complicated experience for many people here on the forums Heart We are planning on going into more detail about this in a separate post so we can make sure there's no confusion. In the meantime for anyone who is wondering The Butterfly Foundation are the experts in this area and would be the best people to get some support from if you're struggling. 

@Tiny_leaf  you made some really insightful comments on this topic and thank you for tagging us so we could make sure the community is safe. We really appreciate how you look out for the community. 

"We are planning on going into more detail about this in a separate post so we can make sure there's no confusion."

@Bre-RO would you be able to tag me in that discussion/ post please?

@Tiny_leaf  Will do  Smiley Happy