cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Beards, tattoos, barbershops & craft beers

@benjamin_ wrote:

interesting point @FItzChivalry

I'm with you on the idea of sacrificing what you want for the needs of others.

Really? For me it is something that a mother always does.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie That's a great way to answer that tough question. Being true to yourself is the most important thing of all

@stephRO That's awesome that you grew up with those kinda guys. I've always felt way more comfortable opening up to girls, in fact that's probably how I learned to become more comfortable with it. 

If I didn't get comfortable talking to girls first I don't think I would have ever started doing it with guys. It's also great to hear that your brother is getting support from a good youth service!

2. What, for you, is the most difficult male stereotype to accept?

Being stoic and rather emotionally neutral a lot of the time.

Sometimes i feel like to be kind, friendly and caring....I naturally loose some of that masculinity.

but theres plently of people that can do both.....but at the end of the day, im happy if people are expressing themself naturally rather then trying to keep up with a certain norm.

Welcome @stonepixie

That's a beautiful and concise way to put it, and that can be applied to both males and females! Looks like you're not out of your depths at all! 

@FootyFan26

I think there are a lot of initiatives these days that are trying to reverse this societal thinking! Think about sport, scholarships for university and jobs aimed at improving gender equality.

@stonepixie Perhaps it often falls to the woman, but it doesn't mean the man shouldn't do it!

2. What, for you, is the most difficult male stereotype to accept?

Muscular, hairy, extremely strong looking. It makes all the other males who don't fit into this category feel inadequate and like they aren't men. Oh and another one is definitely that guys don't cry.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie  Wish I read your response before I wrote mine Smiley Tongue that make total sense. 

Living authenticaly to yourself Smiley Happy

@copse That's a really interesting point and great way to bring women into the dialoge Smiley Happy Women are perfectly capable of looking after themselves and this common stereotype is not only unfair on men but quite patronizing to women too!