cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Body image & health at every size!

Wow guys, we had some very interesting and insightful answers from that last question Smiley Happy really made me think!

Next one:

1.  Have you taken any steps towards better accepting your body?

@florenceforever It is horrifying watching the teenagers of today struggle with the social pressures of body image. How sad of a society we live in.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

It really is very sad stonepixie. Regardless of gender, everyone experiences so much pressure to look and act a certain way

It's actually quite funny, I see all these buff athletic types everywhere but I don't find them attractive at all. Stay strong guys against the pull to be like that. Not all girls are attracted to that type.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Have you taken any steps towards better accepting your body?

Yes absolutely, I think it is a work in progress. I try to take care of my body, exercise, eat healthy, self-care and I also have improved in my self-talk, instead of looking at things I cant change, I look at things I can change. 

1.  Have you taken any steps towards better accepting your body?
I try to remind myself that my body allows me to do absolutely everything I want to do in life, which is incredibly special! I will try to never take that for granted.

I also eat quite healthily and exercise regularly through tennis coaching
Highlighted

Definitely taking steps to be better.....!

A lot of you guys have spoken about how skinny doesn't make you happy and I totally agree with the sentiment. I am trying to lose weight (because the honest thing is that I need to) but I'm not aiming for skinny, it's more that I'm aiming for strong. My body has let me down a lot (no more team sports for me Smiley Sad ) but this doesn't mean I can't spend time at the gym and honestly, it improves my mood when I do. In addition I'm going to bed earlier and eating better and the combination of these things help me view myself in a more positive light. Fresh eyes in the morning particularly

Have you taken any steps towards better accepting your body?

Well I mentioned earlier my pores. To be honest it wasn't until I saw that buzzfeed article on the dermatologist who posts videos of blackheads being popped on insta that I stopped thinking of them as huge. 

I try to focus on the good bits rather than the bad.

It's great to see you are taking steps to better improve your overall health and wellbeing CeeGee Smiley Happy I'm sure you will start to feel benefits from it soon (if you aren't already!)

I think sleep is a great point that you've raised. It is so important for us to take care of our bodies, and sleep is essential in doing that

I like how you say you are aiming for strength @CeeGee I am definitely in that same boat. It is about fitness isnt it.