cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] R U OK?

@j95
Hey welcome to tonight!
aww man thats no good - its a really cool concept.
Hopefully you can learn something tonight

Welcome to the sesh @N1ghtW1ng ! Smiley Happy

What do you know about R U OK? day? Have you been involved in any events or fundraising?

Okay day is such a good thing. ive been involved in it this year by getting the year 12 class at school to bake R U OKAY DAY cup cakes and we are going to hand them out on Thursday and ask people are they okay

@ashleemaree R U OK cakes? That sounds awesome (and delicious)! Smiley Very Happy

@ashleemaree
Yeh bake stalls!! nice one . Your right it is a great cause such a simple concept

Thanks for joining us tonight @N1ghtW1ng 

Hey guys! Back to my place, which means the internet isn't very reliable, so I may be changing between laptop and computer.

What do you know about R U OK? day? Have you been involved in any events or fundraising?

From what I know, RUOK? day is an initiative to involve people in making sure that people are actually okay and not pretending to be okay. It is to let people know that there is someone out there who actually cares about them and actually wants an honest answer. Or something like that.

I haven't been involved in much, but if I am up in time, I shall be doing something this year.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Alrighty guys so question is

Why do you think we need a day dedicated to asking people if they “are ok?” ?

I don't know a great deal (despite the fact that I always tell all my friends about it lol), basically just that it's about suicide prevention and awareness, and checking in with your mates and starting a conversation to help people seek help with depression and anxiety and things like that. Letting them know that someone is there for them basically Smiley Happy

Thanks guys! I'll probably be dropping in and out though but I'll do my best!

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!