cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Chat] How to be super when you're not a supermodel

@FluteGirl we're pretty chill. The only boundaries are really giving medical advice or being rude to others. It's in the Community Guidelines if you want a refresher. And welcome back!
Highlighted

Indeed we are chill @FootyFan26 Robot Mad <---- chill robot

Okay well I am absolutely loving what everyone has said... you are all so smart and insightful! I almost want to discuss that specific question all night but I must ask the next question Smiley Very Happy

What does looking and feeling “healthy” mean to you? What is a healthy body image?

Ahh that's great advice @FootyFan26. Do you reckon that some of the common problems with body image could be sorted out if we actually learned a bit more about how our bodies worked? 

Oops that robot is actually a little angry, I just thought his red sunnies were pretty chill.

Aaaaas for the question, healthy for me is like what you all were talking about, *feeling* mentally and physically well... having that spring in your step, is healthy to me.

As for a healthy body image, it's about working to make yourself feel good, working to remove negativity from your life, surrounding yourself with good people, being kind to yourself, and focusing on how you feel rather than how you look.

Sorry if this has already been said, the chat is moving fast so I might of missed it.
Some people don't realise that because of their body shape they are actually unable to look a certain way, it's impossible and not their fault, but everybody is different.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

What does looking and feeling “healthy” mean to you? What is a healthy body image?

I don't think that looking "healthy" has any particular body size/shape, I think it's just knowing that you're doing what's best for your body and your mind (meaning you don't always have to be eating super healthy and exercising all the time because "bad" food and rest days can be self-care too) and being overall balanced and positive about how you look at it.

Yeah I think that could help, especially for people who want to workout and exercise. There are many different types of training types, muscles and everybody is built differently so sometimes a change in training type is needed. Learning what to eat can help as well.

Sorry, I enjoy my health classes as you may have noticed Smiley Tongue

@FootyFan26 thats alright, It's great to see that you're passionate about it! Smiley Happy

Feeling healthy to me is about exercising regularly and eating a balanced diet, but also not being hard on myself if I haven't in a while. Self care for my mental wellbeing is also an important part of feeling good for me.

I think a healthy body image isn’t about looking a particular way (contrary to magazines/marketing campaigns), but feeling confident in who you are and how you look – no matter who you are or what you look like.