cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feeling burnt out??

@michine: I think, personally, I just remind myself that work is not the be-all-and-end-all..
I feel overwhelmed sometimes, and resent myself for not following my dreams. But I gotta pay the bills, so I just remind myself that that's all it is, and I am slowly finding the balance between the two.
Life's all about balance. I guess the same can be said for uni: yes, assignments and exams suck, but it is a means to an end, and once you get through that tunnel, you're well on your way to having the life you want to have!

Re: Tak

asking for help i think is a really good one. i have trouble doing this sometimes as i think i might be burdening whoever i'm asking. but sometimes it's the best way to learn and get things done. i reckon i should try at least once a fortnight to ask a question in a lecture when i don't understand something. after things are explained to me it turns out some concepts aren't too complicated as i first though. and it's likew phew ! less stress

How can we help others who are burnt out ?

@Hels

That’s great Hels, I definitely get the same feeling at work sometimes as well, but at the end of the day it does pay the bills but also allows for  self development. So even though it might not be what I want to be doing 10 years down the track, it is worth it.

Yup just have to push through it and understand what you’re working towards, to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry I had to go out and get some items from the supermarket....

What are some of things that can cause you to be burnt out?

Stress from assessments and exams, Pressure from school, uni, TAFE, work

what are some warning signs & symptoms of being burnt out ?

Withdrawing from family/friends, loosing motivation, being irritable

If you have ever been burnt out, what helped you get out of it?
I don't think I've burnt out to say....

what are some things can you do to prevent yourself from becoming burnt out?
-taking regular breaks from study to do things you enjoy
-relaxing and taking care of yourself

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hmmm....
I think by encouraging them or by doing working together by means such as organising a study session at a library would help a great deal. As the work load decreases as you help each other but also studying or doing the assignments becomes more enjoyable.

How can we help others who are burnt out ? Ask if they are okay and listen to them without giving any advice (unless they want it of course) or do something fun with them to give them a break and distract them from how they are feeling Smiley Happy

We can be there for them and listen to how they are feeling and we can support them through the time.
We can help them find relaxation techniques to help reduce stress and if need be get further help for them Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

The only way i could really help others would be to give them the same advice I give to myself.
I'd get them to question why they're doing what they're doing... Once they see something for what it really is, they realise that there is more to life than just that one thing that's made them feel burned out.
I'm good at making people laugh too, so if I see a mate who is burned out, I'd spend time with them and just have a few chuckles, and like I said: give them this same advice :-)

Loving all of these suggestions! Will have to try some of them myself Smiley Happy