cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

originally posted on 15-08-2016 9:01 PM

I wonder what pets dream about - more food I suppose??

khaleesi_18
Star contributor

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:43 PM

No worries @N1ghtW1ng! Enjoy kitty cuddles!

khaleesi_18
Star contributor

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:40 PM

@Mona-RO they look so cute! That's a shame that you can't see them as much though. Sparky sounds like such a character!

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:42 PM

Thanks for stopping by @N1ghtW1ng!

khaleesi_18
Star contributor

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:34 PM

@j95 Bailee looks like such a sweetheart! That's an awesome list of benefits Smiley Happy

Next question time!

How do they help us be more mentally healthy?

khaleesi_18
Star contributor

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:30 PM

What’s so good about having a pet anyway?

Something that I've noticed (both in real life and in this thread so far) is that people light up when they talk about their pets. Smiley Happy

Heaps of research studies have shown that pets are wonderful for our mental and physical health. Pets can reduce feelings of loneliness, get us out of the house (to walk the dog etc), and give us a sense of purpose to look after another living creature. Plus they give you unconditional love - it's pretty special to come home after a long, tough day and have your floof be super excited to see you!

@Stealth_ninja Bailey looks so cute omg

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:31 PM

@khaleesi_18 It is amazing how excited they get to see you! And yes, I know I certainly light up when I talk about Maggie.

@j95 Family, I agree. I feel like pets are family too. Family can come in all kinds of shapes and forms, pets and animal creatures being one of them! 🙂

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:35 PM

So cute @Mona-RO

oooh we have a Bailee and a Bailey ! @j95 @Stealth_ninja

j95
Uber contributor

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:37 PM

They really are my family, if I ever had to get rid of them I don't know how I'd cope, I treat them like they're my children haha
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
khaleesi_18
Star contributor

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:15 PM

Hey @Butterfly Wings! Maggie is so scruffy!

@N1ghtW1ng always good to have you here! That is an amazing list of pets! They sounds like they are all indiviudal characters with big personalities

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:18 PM

Sheep are the coolest, I'm kinda obsessed with them.
As for my other pets I don't know, I haven't thought of it much just that I want them. The dog will be called cake or cupcake depending on it gender. 🙂
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:17 PM

@khaleesi_18 LOL! 😛 Funny, you should mention that she's a bit scruffy! My mum is always commenting that we should of named her 'scruffy' 😛

khaleesi_18
Star contributor

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:10 PM

Hey @redhead! That's so annoying!

Any names in mind for them? A pet sheep is pretty unique - what made you choose a sheep?

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:13 PM

@redhead A sheep! I like that idea...and how you'd train it 🙂 If my dad had things hs way, we'd probably have a cow and a few sheep grazing out the back right now! 😛

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:14 PM

@redhead my dream pet would be a pet pig! But a sheep would be a close second. There's one in my home town that lives on a leash in the front yard of a person's house, he comes up for a pet and headbutts you if you don't scratch him behind the ears 😛 They seem REALLY smart too

Ben-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:16 PM

@Butterfly Wings aww Maggie is so adorbs! 

Ben-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:18 PM

So, thank you so much for showing us your amazing animals! Clearly we're all pretty big animal fans! But why? 

What’s so good about having a pet anyway?

j95
Uber contributor

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:31 PM

14031069_1217844161571126_935390451_n.jpg

This is Bailee!!

For me, the benefits of owning a pet are endless, here are just some...

• Emotional support, I know that if I'm upset they comfort me, they don't talk but just having them there helps. I know that won't judge me or say anything mean back to me, they are just kind creatures.
  • They ease lonliness
  • They warm up my bed
  • I have made friends through going out with my dogs, I recently joined a dog walking group where we meet at a central spot and take our dogs on an adventure
  • They're a good preparation in terms of responsiblity 
  • They are always excited to see me when it seems like nobody else is
  • They are my family! 

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:24 PM

HAY GUYS

Sorry im so late.

Do you have pets? Tell us a bit about them? If you don’t have pets, tell us what sort of pet you would like!

I have a dog! Her name is bailey

!IMAG0182.jpg

She is sitting at my feet right now. We adopted her from a family that couldn't have her anymore and she's beautiful and always gives me cuddles. I had a nother dog before her but i've also had budgies, mice, a guinea pig, rabbits, turtles and another dog when i was a kid so im a big pet fan!

I don't think i can live without a pet.

What's so good about having a pet? 

The companionship and the cuddles. I just think they give us unconditional love, she doesn't expect or need much and she continues to love me regardless of what I do, whether I've had a good or bad day, how im doing. She always loves me.

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:35 PM

I get ham freshly sliced off the bone for my dogs, every single day and all I have to do is say
"i think its...." and they are already up on their feet, waiting for ham, it used to just "i think its time for ham" but its become such a thing now that they just know, they know the sound of me unwrapping it!
Butterfly Wings
Super frequent scribe

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:40 PM

Pets are always there for you, so you can be emotion you like, and they still love you. I think animals can sense too when something isn't quite right, you know? I know Maggie, for instance always knows when something is up with me and I need some attentian and a cuddle! So intutive. Also they teach us a lot, about how to look after someone and if we apply that to ourselves, I guess in turn they aid us in looking after our own wellbeing.

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:45 PM

Similar to what I said before, they are a huge comfort even without saying anything. They ease loneliness, they give people a sense of family, they can help with social situations, and they are real fun to just be with.
Mona-RO
Star contributor

originally posted on 15-08-2016 8:49 PM

Other than giving love so we feel better, they bring us back to the present moment. It's awfully hard being lost in your own world when there's a furball wanting to play with you or give you kisses and cuddles.

"I have lived with several Zen masters - all of them cats."

Eckhart Tolle