cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An interview with... Lokifish

"An interview with..." is a monthly feature interview with a forum member. When will it be your turn? Keep an eye out for an email from us coz we are interviewing someone new every month... who will we interview next month? It's a great way to find out more about the people who make this place so great!

Lokifish has been a member of our forums for about 6 months and has soared throuugh the ranks to be right up there as  'Star Contrinutor'. We asked Lokifish a few questions to find ou t more.

How long have you been using the forums?

I think it was around June or July, so a few months now Smiley Happy

How did you first hear about ReachOut.com? It was a fair while ago, but I think I was looking for information on getting through some tough times and stumbled across RO by chance.

What's your favourite forum thread? The 'Three Positives of Today' thread. It's easy to sometimes get caught up in what isn't going our way and forget the good things that have happened, so it's nice to have a space where it's all positives. Smiley Happy

What's your favourite sub-forum (e.g. Games, Hang Out, Everyday life stuff, etc) I actually quite like the Games section because it helps to take my mind off things. Not so good when you're trying to stop procrastinating though!

You mentioned enjoying watching the cricket in your 'Three positives' post, is that your favourite sport? If so, why? If not, what's your fave sport and why? I enjoy watching the cricket but I've always loved AFL more than any other sport, probably from growing up in a city and a household that's obsessed with it. Smiley Tongue

What are you listening to at the moment? 'Starlight' by Tonight Alive. They're a Sydney-based band, if anyone's interested in checking them out.

What's your favourite way to treat yourself? Hot bubble baths and lots and lots of chocolate! Especially M&Ms.

What is your favourite public holiday and why? Definitely Christmas! There's just something magical about that time of year...

What are three of your strengths? I'm a good listener, compassionate and true to myself Smiley Happy

What's your favourite inspiring/celebrity/movie quote and why? Hmmm... I have so many favourites! But if I had to choose then there's two that stick out:

'Always bet on yourself no matter what the odds are. It means more to be in the race than watching the victory lap from the stands.' - Pete Wentz

'Fall seven times, stand up eight.' - Japanese Proverb

I like the first one because it helps me remember to believe in myself no matter what, and to not let my fear of not being good enough get in the way of doing things. And the second one is a quote that's always inspired me and sort of become my own personal motto, because I think it's always SO important to never give up and lose hope - that no matter what happens you've just got to pick yourself up again and stay strong. Smiley Happy

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So thank you Lokifish!! Yr an inpiration!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Re: An interview with... Lokifish

Great interview Lokifish! It was good to read more about you Smiley Happy. Christmas is my favourite time of year too Smiley Very Happy. Love the quotes too, especially the Japanese proverb, that's one of my favourites.

Highlighted

Smiley Happy Brilliant!

Great quotes and message that you had to share. I'm sure it will resonate with some others as well.

@lokifish

Just a random question from a massive Marvel fan, did you name yourself Lokifish with any connections to Loki the Asgardian god of mischief? Brother to Thor the Asgardian god of thunder?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@NightWing It's after a band which were called Loki, who named themselves after the character in Norse mythology. Not sure whether the two are related...

@lokifish Awesome Smiley Happy and they are, kind of.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

yayyy lokifish!!!

Great to hear more about you Smiley Happy

Old school @lokifish! Smiley Tongue

Hahaha oh wow, this brings back memories Smiley Tongue back in the good ol' days when I was still kind of a RO newbie Smiley Tongue

loved all your answers @lokifish! Going to give that Tonight Alive song a listen, too! Smiley Very Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //