cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hang out questions ReachOut style ;)

Thought I would try something to link the questions back to RO Smiley Tongue

R – Tell me about what brought you to ReachOut?

E – Every single person on the ReachOut forums positively contributes to its supportive community. Take the time to comment on one helpful contribution you’ve noticed someone make lately.

A – Tell me about your biggest adventure or about an adventure you would like to have one day!

C – You are stuck on a desert island with nothing but some heavy duty tape, a packet of matches, a saucepan and a blow up raft with a hole in it. How would you cope? What would you do?

H – How many people are in your family or friends group (pick one), and who is your biggest support? (No names or other identifying information)

O – If you could have one thing in the world right now, what would it be?

U – Everyone is unique. Tell me what makes you, one of your friends, or even a character you admire unique...

T – Tell me about your plans for the future. What would you like to have achieved by the end of this year? What do you want to do when you’re older? Anything!

lanejane

Re: Hang out questions ReachOut style ;)

YAY! I love this!

R – Tell me about what brought you to ReachOut?

I applied for a job here!

E – Every single person on the ReachOut forums positively contributes to its supportive community. Take the time to comment on one helpful contribution you’ve noticed someone make lately.

I'm going to throw this one right back at you @lanejane !! You've been a member for a week but have given out so much support already. The support you give to individuals here helps more people than you know, each month 16,000 people visit the forums and most can't find the words to post but get the benefit of reading others ask the questions they can not. Seeing others get a supportive reply can spur them on to reach out to a friend or family member, knowing that people might just understand!

A – Tell me about your biggest adventure or about an adventure you would like to have one day!

My biggest adventure was hitch-hiking across Germany to the Czech Republic without a map or an ability to speak German or Czech!

C – You are stuck on a desert island with nothing but some heavy duty tape, a packet of matches, a saucepan and a blow up raft with a hole in it. How would you cope? What would you do?

I would stay on the island, and focus on learning how to fish!

H – How many people are in your family or friends group (pick one), and who is your biggest support? (No names or other identifying information)

My immediate family group is my mum and sister and they are both equally my biggest support in different ways!

O – If you could have one thing in the world right now, what would it be?

A trip booked to asia and europe and 2 months off work to do it!

U – Everyone is unique. Tell me what makes you, one of your friends, or even a character you admire unique...

I am unique because of the life experiences I have had - no one else has lived my life except me!

T – Tell me about your plans for the future. What would you like to have achieved by the end of this year? What do you want to do when you’re older? Anything!

By the end of the year I would like to have my motorbike license! 

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@lanejane you are definitely awesome. I love your ideas!

R – Tell me about what brought you to ReachOut?

I don't even remember! It was so long ago... well a year but that's still so long! I think I was looking for some help. 

E – Every single person on the ReachOut forums positively contributes to its supportive community. Take the time to comment on one helpful contribution you've noticed someone make lately.

You. @lanejane You have been a very helpful and positive contribution to this community. You are bright and positive and come up with the best ideas! Like this one. All the support you give others, and like @Sophie-RO said, all those people who don't post still read your replies and are inspired. Your supportive and insightful replies to others are welcoming and loved. I'm so glad you joined us here. Robot Very Happy

A – Tell me about your biggest adventure or about an adventure you would like to have one day!

I'm about to have biggest adventure next January. I'm going to Europe for a year in an exchange program. It's going to be so amazing! I've already started learning the language!

C – You are stuck on a desert island with nothing but some heavy duty tape, a packet of matches, a saucepan and a blow up raft with a hole in it. How would you cope? What would you do?

I would lie on the island and think how did I end up on a island with only tape, matches, a saucepan and a raft with a hole in it. Then I would build a tent, fall asleep for a few days and then spend my days figuring out how to start a fire with two sticks and then re-inacting my favourite shows... hoping that no one is around of course... hehe. Oh fishing would be a good idea too. 

H – How many people are in your family or friends group (pick one), and who is your biggest support? (No names or other identifying information)

Are you referring to supportive family and/or friends? If so probably 3, no 4. And all of the are big supports for me, no one is more supportive than the other although my family are more supportive than my friend but that's not because my friend isn't supportive it's just that my family are more supportive.

O – If you could have one thing in the world right now, what would it be?

An immunity to the common cold and things like those. 

U – Everyone is unique. Tell me what makes you, one of your friends, or even a character you admire unique...

Me? It's my personality. My friend? Her personality and those things that she likes that shape her life. Are personalities set us apart from others. We are those two buttons found in an op-shop to put on that shirt that lost two buttons. Different from the rest. The buttons who talk and obsess over small, often trivial things. 

T – Tell me about your plans for the future. What would you like to have achieved by the end of this year? What do you want to do when you're older? Anything!

I have no real plans for my future aside from my exchange. I haven't even decided if I'm going to go to uni yet. So many choices! But getting over my fear of driving and getting my license would be nice. 

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@Sophie-RO 

i'm glad you like it Smiley Happy thanks for your positive feedback and for taking the time to fill it out.

your adventure definitely sounds like a big one. can't even imagine how crazy that must have been. crazy good that is! memories to last a life time i'm sure.  based on your other answers too it sounds like you are a bit of a travel bug, or have wanderlust as i think it's now more commonly called.

i think i'm most enjoying seeing how people answer the desert island question. at least we know you will be able to keep up your energy incase someone comes on a rescue mission haha.

lanejane

hey @N1ghtW1ng 

a big thanks to you too for your feedback Cat Happy i'm really, really enjoying it on here and i look forward to coming on and speaking to everyone!

europe sounds amazing - super jealous! i've never been and i'm dying to. australia is so big. i can't imagine what it would be like to just get on a train and then be in another country a few moments later? you'll have to keep a log of all your favourite spots and share it with us when you get back. 

i laughed at the first bit of your answer to the desert question Smiley LOL that was good. however… i am starting to wonder though how resourceful everyone is - no one has used any of the items yet?? i might as well have just put you both on the island with nothing haha. especially if you aren't even going to use the matches for a fire! then again, it's probably way smarter to start learning the two-stick-fire-thing early. once the matches go you're going to need that skill, so your answer is brilliant.

how come you are scared about driving if you don't mind me asking?

lanejane

Thanks @lanejane With the desert question, (Oh how I keep thinking dessert as opposed to a barren wasteland...) I mean, I have matches but I really want to learn how to do the two stick fire thingy so stuck on a desert island seems like the perfect time! I guess I could tape up the hole leaving a small hole to blow up the raft and then tape up that hole and then sail off but I'd like some time to myself really. The saucepan is only necessary for defense and cooking which are little things. It's actually the perfect set of items really. Sort of...
I might pop in here time to time next year too! Start preparing homesickness replies because that'll be what I'm stuck with! Haha.
I don't like driving for starters and well, I'm so distracted. I insist on staring out the window or reading a book or, when staring out the window, reading every sign I come across. Too many cars on the road and a few near-misses. Just very overwhelming really.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

I applied to volunteer, so I can learn how to help people to the best of my ability Smiley Happy

E – Every single person on the ReachOut forums positively contributes to its supportive community. Take the time to comment on one helpful contribution you’ve noticed someone make lately.
I have noticed how wonderfully welcoming everybody seems to be which is always fantastic for someone new like myself who is just beginning to learn my way around the site Smiley Happy

A – Tell me about your biggest adventure or about an adventure you would like to have one day!
My biggest adventure would have to be when I went to Europe and Egypt with my brother and parents, it was such a great opportunity being able to experience the variety of different culture

C – You are stuck on a desert island with nothing but some heavy duty tape, a packet of matches, a saucepan and a blow up raft with a hole in it. How would you cope? What would you do?

I would use the tape to fix the blow up raft to make a bed, and use the matches to make a fire to cook my fish on the saucepan. I think it would be a peaceful retreat... And if I get lonely I will find a ball and name him Wilson Smiley Wink (Castaway reference)

H – How many people are in your family or friends group (pick one), and who is your biggest support? (No names or other identifying information)

4 people in my close friends group and my biggest support would be my best friend, she is always there for me to vent and talk about anything she is amaze 😍

2x Plane tickets for an amazing holiday absolutely anywhere with good company :-)

U – Everyone is unique. Tell me what makes you, one of your friends, or even a character you admire unique...

I have to agree with @Sophie-RO, my life experiences make me very unique and have made me the person I am today :-)

T – Tell me about your plans for the future. What would you like to have achieved by the end of this year? What do you want to do when you’re older? Anything!
By the end of this year I would like to say I successfully completed my first year of university which will hopefully lead me to a job as a school psychologist in the future ❤️

hey @lanejane yep you guessed it... I love to travel!!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

hey @Leeseyloo_ Smiley Happy

i'm glad you are feeling really welcomed on here - that's what it's all about. Robot Happy

going to egypt sounds amazing. what was it like?! 

you've used all the stuff on the island really well haha. and thanks for sharing about your friends. it's great to know you've got a good support system there.

good luck with your course for the rest of this year and with your plans for the future. being a school psychologist would be a great job and there would be lots of opportunity to help young people Smiley Happy Woman Happy

lanejane

I discovered RO several years ago when I was going through a really rough time. Have stuck around since Smiley Happy

I love seeing new members introducing themselves and/or sharing something they're going through right now. I'm sure it encourages other people to sign up and post their story, or to share it with somebody else.

My biggest dream is to go to Europe. #1 on my list is Germany, but I'd also loooove to live in Scandanavia (Sweden, I'm looking at you!) and the UK.

I'd befriend the dolphins. Seriously, in India they're classed as non-human people

There are 4 people in my immediate family - mum, dad, sister and myself. My friendship group has 20+ people in it, but I'd say I'm close friends with about 5.

An infinite supply of chocolate Smiley Very Happy

This reminds me of a favourite Dr Seuss quote: "Today you are You. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You" Smiley Happy I'd say everything about me is unique, from my values to the food Iike to eat.

I've already mentioned my desire to see Europe. But I'd say the two biggest things other than that are

1. Study at uni. I'm in Year 12 and have applied to study either Psychology or a double Nursing/Midwifery degree.

2. Start a family. I definitely want kids Smiley Very Happy (see point about becoming a midwife)