cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel Heroes in NRL

Is anyone else disappointed in only 5 teams having Marvel themed jerseys for round 21 or is it just me? The teams are:

• Manly - Wolverine
  • Raiders - Hulk
  • Roosters - Captain America
  • Dragons - Iron Man
  • Cowboys - Thor

It doesn't even make sense to have Manly and Cowboys those characters. I would have thought that they would be Para (or Titans) and Warriors, respectively (talking about colour scheme here). What are other peoples thoughts? Anyone have any suggestions on what the heroes the other teams should have?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Re: Marvel Heroes in NRL

Imagine if one of the teams chose a female character, wouldn't that be hulk-smashing gender stereotypes!  Sadly, I won't hold my breath.

That sounds awesome but I don't follow NRL or whatever it is.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

That would be awesome @ElleBelle, but how many are well known to those who aren't superhero enthusiasts? 

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I had to have a big LOL at their serious faces in this photo: 

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

The cut on the chest for Manly bothers me a lot because why on earth would Wolverine do that to himself? The majority of his enemies don't have that three claw pattern. There is is obvious villain and arch nemesis Sabretooth who has five claws on each hand (Long fingernails if you will) that would not leave that kind of mark. And the Wendigo (getting this from one of the X-Men comics where they are in Canada looking for Wolverine where the Wendigo is attacking) would also have a five claw mark, not three.

And the obvious thing with all the logos and such over it. Hulk really shouldn't have a shirt on at all but it would have been much cooler if they had covered some of any of the logo to give it a more realistic tear. The collar area has nearly no rips that look any good which is ridiculous, have you seen Hulk's neck and shoulder muscles?

There's not really much else I can pick at with the others. Iron Man's chest arc reactor could be much better but Wolverine was the only one with an obvious flaw and the Hulk just looks meh leaning on bad. (And the guy's face... what was he thinking?)

Also, just a little fact that I learnt from a friend. Manly has Wolverine because one of the players knows or is a friend of Hugh Jackman who plays the part of Wolverine in the movies.

But also why???

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Manly should be Falcon, based on the Sea Eagles and Falcon well, the name speaks for itself hopefully.

I think, going off their logo, the Raiders would fit better with Thor. The helmet looks like horned helmets associated with Vikings(even though their helmets weren't actually horned) and the logo kind of reminds me of Odin who is Thor's father of course.

Dragons could have two options. One that really sticks in my head is Shadowcat. Or Kitty Pryde. She owns(sorta) a pet dragon named Lockheed but because of the knight in their logo it could also be... well it could be Iron Man because he is thought of a bit as the 'knight'. He is in 'shining armor' and so on.

I'm not sure about the Cowboys or the Roosters but to recap;

• Manly - The Falcon
  • Raiders - Thor
  • Dragons - Shadowcat

But I'm just a comic nerd and that's my opinion purely based on the logos and my knowledge on Marvel. I will find the Roosters and Cowboys their Marvel character... maybe it could be a villain!

With that extra note, the Raiders could be Loki instead of Thor because of the colour scheme. Thor is more red and silver while Loki is green, which is the Raiders colour (right?) I'm using google images for most of my information on these teams so I apologise if everything is off.

I love how much you know about all these superheroes! So excellent!! Very true about the wolverine, it doesn't make sense that he would rip his own shirt!! Der! Though footballers aren't very smart Smiley Wink

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@Sophie-RO and @N1ghtW1ng, do you think they did that to get some of Manly's colour onto the shirt? That is my only conclusion to that.