cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

New to the forums? Introduce yrself here (April)

Hey guys! Welcome to the forums/welcome to April! Whether you are are new to the community or just want everyone to get to know you a bit better then here is the place to say HI and tell us a bit about yourself.

• Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?
  • What is one thing you are working towards accomplishing this year?
  • What's your favourite type of holiday? City/nature? On-the-go/relaxing? With a big group/on your own? 5 star resort/camping in tents? etc etc
  • What traits in others are you attracted to?
  • What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
  • What makes you laugh?
  • What's your favourite chill-out track for April? (post a youtube clip by using the little film clip button!) 
    EG 
    Capture.JPG

OK readyyyyyyyyyy GO!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Re: New to the forums? Introduce yrself here (April)

@Sophie-RO  *cough*typo!*cough*chill*cough*not cill*cough**cough*found another one*cough*laugh*cough*not laigh*cough**cough* something wrong with my throat Smiley Happy

Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? Even as a child I had no interest in celebrities. Maybe. I don't actually remember my childhood very well so.... I have no idea.
What is one thing you are working towards accomplishing this year? The (depressing) end of an amazing year abroad!
What's your favourite type of holiday? City/nature? On-the-go/relaxing? With a big group/on your own? 5 star resort/camping in tents? My family were never the 'holiday' type. Not definitely not in a big group, maybe camping depending on toilet situation because being a girl is hard (boys, when camping. Girls have it hard, no debate). 
What traits in others are you attracted to? Hm... nothing in particular. Just a good attitude and an accepting of my weirdness is really all you need. I'll accept you if you accept me. Smiley Very Happy
What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you? Um... I mentioned above (and numerous times everywhere) how bad my memory is. But when people give me a compliment, not like "oh you're so nice" but an indirect compliment praising my skills or talents or something I can do/have done, it makes me happy. (That was vaguely specific for a reason Smiley Happy
What makes you laugh? Lots of things. When watching a new show for example, I will giggle ridiculously because of how happy it makes me. But that's just ridiculous giggles. I laughed earlier when I walked home and... for some reason. Yeah it doesn't take much to make me laugh if I'm comfortable and happy. My dad can always make me laugh, even when I'm mad, it's one of the things I love/hate him for. Hate because I'm mad and don't want to be cheered up. Love because he's so awesome.
What's your favourite chill-out track for April? I have literally been listening to the Transformers 1, 3 and 4 soundtracks. I think they qualify, too many to pick just one.

ENJOY THE RAINBOW! 

Highlighted

Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?

Heath Ledger - I was "straight" back then.

What is one thing you are working towards accomplishing this year?

Happiness! Though increased exercise and less obsessing over the little things.

What's your favourite type of holiday? City/nature? On-the-go/relaxing? With a big group/on your own? 5 star resort/camping in tents? etc etc

Somewhere super hot, super beachy, cheap food & just chilled.

Aka Thailand.

What traits in others are you attracted to?

Active listening, easy going, shows empathy.

What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?

Recently? Someone at work bought me flowers for getting a new job Smiley Happy

What makes you laigh?

My family. Same sense of humour!

What's your favourite chill-out track for April? (post a youtube clip by using the little film clip button!) 
Haha - well I was listening to Bjork this morning... Not sure if it could be my chill out track for a whole month though.

lanejane
Highlighted

Brent Harvey - the footy player. 

✔️Better mental health 👊

✔️Passing all my units at TAFE by trying the best I can, so I can get he first year of my apprenticeship smashed out and done. 

What's your favourite type of holiday? City/nature? On-the-go/relaxing? With a big group/on your own? 5 star resort/camping in tents? etc etc

Camping by the my friends and I go to sometimes. My mate borrows his parents boat and we go donuting, so much fun! Theres usually only five or six of us, I like it that way Smiley Happy

A silly sense of humour, easy going, happy to just chill out and do nothing sometimes.

Ever or recently?

Recently - I was short in change, and the checkout girl at IGA said it was fine and let me go, even though I had a $50 note there she said theres no point breaking it for $1. 

Ever - helped me leave domestic violence. 

What makes you laugh?

I laugh a lot - over silly stuff. I usually think of funny moments when I'm on my own and laugh to myself. I usually laugh the most at silly videos like this. 

What's your favourite cill-out track for April? (post a youtube clip by using the little film clip button!)

I listen to Triple J and listened to the Hottest 100 this year but somehow only just found this song. It's called Roll Up Your Sleeves by Meg Mac, maybe not my chill out track for all month but it's my current obession. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Hi all!! Smiley Happy 

My screen name is bobsacamano, which is from Seinfeld. I love that show. My real name is Harrison. Smiley Happy

My favourite celebrity as a child (and still is now) is Hayden Christensen. I know, that's kinda obscure. He was the actor for Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequels. His character is super moody, I can relate to that. I always though he was super badass.

I'm currently learning German. By the end of this year I want to be closer to being fluent!

My favourite type of holiday is being in a city and living like the locals do. When I went to Paris I stayed in a small apartment and not a massive resort. Same in London, Berlin and Copenhagen. I loved this. I usually go with my family.

I'm attracted to girls that are down-to-earth. Pretentiousness makes me cringe. 

When I was in Grade 2, I chipped my tooth on the slide at school. I was in pain and I was scared. A boy in the year below me helped me to go to the office and waited for me until my mum picked me up and took my to the dentist. 

What makes you laugh?

Seinfeld, cat videos on youtube, my own cat (Delta), Alex Turner's hair in 2008. 

My chill-out track this month is Don't Forget Whose Legs You're On. Enjoy.

P.S. My favourite things are Star Wars, music, history (I know, right?), pretending to be moody to get people at school to leave me alone and cats. 

Highlighted

Hey there @bobsacamano and welcome to Reachout! Star Wars is awesome, glad to see another fellow fan! Have you seen the Clone Wars? It's a 5 (and a half) season cartoon show set between 2 and 3 of the prequels. It's absolutely beautiful! And then there is also Rebels set between the prequels and original triology.
That kid sounds so nice! I once smashed my face into the ground after stepping on my laces.
If you're learning German, exchanges are a great way to integrate yourself into the language (and culture). They can be 3 months to 1 year long.
Hope to see you around! We're here if you need us.
Highlighted

I don't know who Alex Turner is @bobsacamano but I need a good laugh, got a photo of his hair circa 2008? Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? Hilary Duff and Delta Goodrem 

What is one thing you are working towards accomplishing this year? Learning 20 new recipes from scratch

What's your favourite type of holiday? City/nature? On-the-go/relaxing? With a big group/on your own? 5 star resort/camping in tents? I often go away with my family. We'll pick a 'focus' country I guess, find a house or apartment and stay there for 2 weeks in the very middle of our trip. We'll full on chill out, get to know the locals, go swimming, eat amazing food, go for walks, etc. Our holidays are always action packed and full on, so we always make sure we make time to actually relax. Last year we did 2 weeks on the coast of Spain in the middle of our 6 week trip to Europe, the year before we did Florence, Italy.

What traits in others are you attracted to? Passion and dedication. It doesn't necessarily have to be about a hobby/cause that I'm passionate about (although that does help) but I just adore people who put so much time and energy into things they truly care about.

What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you? My parents are currently supporting me financially (and emotionally) so that I could move to Melbourne and study without having to stress about finding a job quickly. They didn't tell me they were going to do it until I actually moved. I was so touched and I'll definitely be paying them back one day! 

What makes you laugh? Black Books. Always Black Books

What's your favourite chill-out track for April? (post a youtube clip by using the little film clip button!) 
Ahhh @Sophie-RO it hurts my brain too much to try and think of something. So I put my spotify on shuffle and this is what came up, it works I guess!

Highlighted

Actually no I take that back this is my song! haha 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Hey @N1ghtW1ng ! Thanks for the welcome Smiley Happy

Yeah, I've watched The Clone Wars, loved season 4 especially. I haven't watched Rebels... Yet. 

I'd love to go to Germany for exchange!! That's something I hope to do in the future. 

Thanks for the warm welcome and I'm glad to be on Reachout. Smiley Happy